Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Make or Break for Charlie - Lots of vibes please UPDATE 24/10

Default Make or Break for Charlie - Lots of vibes please UPDATE 24/10

Took Charlie back to vets tonight as he was still rolling and not getting any better. He gave him a shot of anti-inflammatry and told us to keep our eye on whether he improved or not in the next 24 hours. If he does, then he will give him more but if he doesn't then he very delicately suggested that Charlie will gradually go down hill and the kindest thing to do would be to euthanase,

I am in pieces. I am trying to be positive for my children but have told them that he is very poorly. Although I have had to restrict him to his room for his own good, everywhere I look there are signs of him being there. I'm doing exactly what I told my children not to do - to mourn him before he is gone.
    Last edited by Jupiter; 24-10-2007 at 08:21 PM.

I'm so sorry to hear he's not improved Poor little man! Stu, Ebony and myself will be sending lots of healing vibes to Charlie! Please keep us updated on how he is!

Abbie x

Get well soon Charlie!

An old man walking on the beach at dawn noticed a boy picking up a starfish and throwing it into the sea. When asked why, the boy explained that the stranded starfish would die if left to lie in the morning sun. ‘But there are millions of starfish on this beach,’ said the old man. ‘How can your efforts make a difference?’The boy picked up another starfish and placed it in the waves. ‘It makes a difference to this one,’ he said.

Come on Charlie get beter for your mummy.... xxxx Loads of positive healing vibes

My best friend. Princess, I love you x
    FREE THE REW EIGHT

Hiya,

sending big vibes for Charlie! We totally understand how it is for you and hope and pray that the anti-inflammatory works - It did for Buck initially - was the only thing which did make a difference. Please keep us posted xx

Wise Old Thumper

“If there ever comes a day when we can't be together, keep me in your heart. I'll stay there forever.”

― A.A. Milne

Thanks everyone and thank you Jane - I have read the links - shown them to DH! It gives me a bit more of a positive outlook.

I'm so sorry to hear about Charlie, I think I replied to one of your posts ages ago when Charlie was first poorly - my bun (also called Charlie) had a very similar episode a few months ago. He was totally rolling over, it took 3 or 4 days for the rolling to calm down and a couple of weeks before he could stand up again. The one thing that concerns me about the medication that your Charlie is on is that my vet was very insistant that my Charlie stayed at the vets for a week so he could have twice daily injections of antibiotics. I suggest oral antibiotics and he said that the injections were more likely to work, so much so that Charlie lived at the vets for the first week, I injected him over the weekend, and he went to the vets as a day patient for a second week before we put him on oral meds. It might be worth asking your vet about trying injectable meds.

My Charlie came down with this very suddenly at the beginning of August, we treated him with panacur and injectable (then oral) antibiotics for 28 days ie EC and an ear infection, none of us thought he'd come through it but he's made an almost total recovery. The only lingering sign is that when he's tired his head tilts slightly, and if he stands on his back legshe tends to fall over backwards.

There is hope, don't give up yet. Sending lots of snuggles to Charlie and hugs to you.

Bev, Charlie & Lavender xxx
    Bev

Mummy to Lavender & Darwin bunnies, and Buxton & Edison puddy tats.

sending vibes

Warren Scout

Hey, How is Charlie doing today?