Thread: My Shed... work in progress u/d 27th, u/d 4th finished :-)

Hybrid View

Default My Shed... work in progress u/d 27th, u/d 4th finished :-)

Well my shed finally arrived on Friday! So the conversion into a bunny home could begin! Can't call in a mansion as it's only 6 x 4, but perhaps a beju pad?

Well here is is from the ourside! Not very exciting really! Oh... I paid extra for assembly!

On the inside - again exciting!

Once I'd layed the laminate flooring (now the two tone effect is of course intentional and nothing to do with me forgetting which I ones I bought the first time round!)

Coming back from the DIY store with supplies!

Putting the shelf in (I'm not going say how long it took me to saw 2 inches off the ply to make it fit!!) I'm going to make the right hand side into a semi enclosed cubby hole so it's nice and cosy for Barley.

I'm very pround of making the holes in the right paces so that the shelf was a snug fit:

I've still quite a lot of work to do with it, enclose the cubby hole bit (with a door so that it's easy to clean out, put a "cat flap" in so as to provide access to the run once it's attached, and make a wire door (like the ones shown on the Greenfields website). Hoping to get all of this done next weekend though!

Hope Barley likes it!

Hannah
    Last edited by Willow_Warren; 04-12-2007 at 10:41 PM.
    Caspian sends his

Barley & Floss's Blog!!

Look like its going to be lovely

it looks fab so far and i'm sure it will feel like a mansion to the buns!!!

Looks great
    I have the same lino tiles in both my bunnies sheds

Warren Veteran

I am very impressed with your handiwork . Can I ask what's going on the shelf? Thr reason I ask is that it looks like it's bowing without anything on it so it wouldn't take anything too heavy.

I've helped out at Greenfields and the wire mesh inner door is split like a stable door and the bottom section is low enough for you to step over, but high enough that buns can't jump over it (well that's the theory )

Keep us updated on the work in progress...... lucky bunny .
    Jill

Banned

looking good so far!, looking forward to seeing the finished job!!!

Quote Originally Posted by luvabun View Post
    I am very impressed with your handiwork . Can I ask what's going on the shelf? Thr reason I ask is that it looks like it's bowing without anything on it so it wouldn't take anything too heavy.

I've helped out at Greenfields and the wire mesh inner door is split like a stable door and the bottom section is low enough for you to step over, but high enough that buns can't jump over it (well that's the theory )

Keep us updated on the work in progress...... lucky bunny .
    I agree it does look like it's bowing! I think it looked worse in the photo than in real life, or I measured the centre support slightly too short! It is 9mm ply - so quite sturdy! I'm not actually planning on putting anything on the shelf, although I guess Barley has the capability of jumping on it! The shelf acutally has 3 quite long shelf "arms" under it, so although it doesn't look straight I think it is quite stong!

That's exatly what I was planning for the door! Although I know the highest I can step over is 2foot and I know Barley can jump that as he jumped out of his run which is 2 foot! But at least he won't be able to "barge" out of it

I will post finished photos - hopefully at the weekend I'm a slow worker!
    Caspian sends his

Barley & Floss's Blog!!

Mama Doe

Heyy, i love it and 6 x 4 is great. Dont want to sound cheeky/nosy but how much did the shed cost you and how much do you think it will have cost by the time its finished.

Id love a setup like this for my buns, just not a clue about prices/where to go to get the best deals etc.
    Last edited by RampantRabbits; 17-06-2010 at 05:13 PM.

Slave to bunnies; Marley and Dolly and cheeky canines; Rocky and Poppy.

Binky free Davie and Skye, together forever 10 & 11th June 2012
    Jessy dog My little shadow, my one in a million. 11.12.2014 </3