• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My Shed... work in progress u/d 27th, u/d 4th finished :-)

Just added some more pictures of the shed, I actually did this work and took the photos many weeks ago now but I hadn't got around to sorting them out!

First a photo of the frist part of the stable door! You can just seem Barley think "now I know I can easily hop over that!"... the idea of the stable door is so that I can feed him etc without him hopping out! (he has hopped over just once!):

15.jpg

This is both parts of the stable door fitted - this will enable on warm days for the main door to be opened allowing light and fresh air into the hutch - it is secured with hooks and clips on the inside - the square bit you can see half way up is a like of door just big enough to get my hand through to unlatch the latch!:

16.jpg

Just a cute picture of Barley munching on a bit... a rather large bit.. of hay :D

17.jpg

I've since painted the outside "Heritage Garden Shades - Sage" - looks lovely.

He's been in there a few weeks now, and i have to say it was totally worth while, he seems to really enjoy the the shed and the extra space it provides.

Hannah

Wow!! I cant believe how patient you've been & how properly you have done everything - Well Done!! :D Uberly Ace Bunny Mummy ;) Xx

Thanks for opinions everyone, I'm glad you like it!

I've some decisions to make about rabbits now, (due to the loss of my sweet little Dolly), Barley seems to be quite down the last few days (still eating well and stuff) I don't know if he's missing Dolly (they didn't live together but could see each other all the time) or now something else!

I do love the shed though, don't think I would go back to a hutch again - although I do think that it could do with a larger run (currently the run is only 6 x 4!).

Hannah

That's really great work. Your ideas are similar to mine - I'm thinking about fixing up a 2nd level/shelf in my rabbit shed/hutch and I like your idea for the inner mesh doors, too. Got all sorts of ideas going round my head - should I stick an old cupboard inside and fix a platform on top or build a frame etc.

I went to town on the inside of my guinea shed but the rabbit's house is a bit bare, bar one or two hidey houses inside.

I think you've just inspired me. :D

Heyy, i love it and 6 x 4 is great. Dont want to sound cheeky/nosy but how much did the shed cost you and how much do you think it will have cost by the time its finished.

Id love a setup like this for my buns, just not a clue about prices/where to go to get the best deals etc.

Last edited:
Back