Thread: hay storage idea...

Default hay storage idea...

I brought an excellent plastic bucket that is just big enough for a bag of hay. I got it from ikea and was 3.99 - Its is excellent keeps the hay dry and stops it falling all over the place, my bags were forever getting holes in. The one in the pic is the more expensive one as i couldnt find the exact one on the web - but it gives u the idea - I found them in the bathroom section as laundry items..

http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/80099224
    With Bunnie Binkies Mr-Pips

Bunny Boarding at the The Bunny Hop Stop - Halesowen

Binkie in the garden of Heaven my beautiful baby JoJo forever in our hearts, passed on 6th July 2012

i use plastic bins from wilkos, my mum used them for the dried dog food,t here pretty gud cus they have little clips either side aswell

Gone but never forgotten, Peanut Butter, Jelly, Domino, and my sweet little Bertie, who was taken far too soon.

Alpha Buck

does anyone buy their hay in bales? what do you store it in? i keep mine in the garage but its gets everywhere and the OH grumbles incessantly..... it DOES look messy tho

New Kit

For my hay (that I buy in bales) Ive found that end of season sales at B & Q or similar have cheap sunlonger storage boxes http://www.greenfingers.com/supersto...&pf_id=LS1128DI think mine was about 30pound from homebase, but its just the right size and top opening so once the bale string is cut its easy to get to the hay - also suitable for sitting on during a hard cleaning out session of the animals!

I buy my hay in bales. I keep it in the garage and it's wrapped in an old duvet cover and then a tarpaulin as well to help contain the mess.

Quote Originally Posted by viki View Post
    For my hay (that I buy in bales) Ive found that end of season sales at B & Q or similar have cheap sunlonger storage boxes http://www.greenfingers.com/supersto...&pf_id=LS1128DI think mine was about 30pound from homebase, but its just the right size and top opening so once the bale string is cut its easy to get to the hay - also suitable for sitting on during a hard cleaning out session of the animals!
    I keep mine in one of those too, they are ideal and as you say just the right size. Think mine was about 25 a few years ago.