Thread: Strange back legs

Warren Veteran

Default Strange back legs

I've been trying to figure out why Nia's gait seems odd, so I spent an hour in the run just watching her and I think her back legs are slightly splayed, esp her lefthand side one. Sometimes it seems as though she is almost pulling herself long by her front legs, and when she changes direction she seems to lift that leg slightly clear of the ground and sort of swing it round to follow the other one. When she sits down she sits right back on her tail and when she wees she doesn't seem todo the shuffleback and lift tail thing that my two do. I'm going to sit in the run with her tomorrow and try to get some clear footage to explain what I mean. I've never her seen her sit with both front legs together, and when she stretches up with both legs front paws on the ground her front legs tremble.

Wise Old Thumper

Do you know how old she is

Janex
    I AM NOW POSTING AS 'InspectorMorse' BECAUSE A TECHNICAL PROBLEM HAS LOCKED ME OUT OF MY 'Jack's-Jane' ACCOUNT ON SOME DEVICES !!

Maybe she is an old girl Hilda I know Kevin thought she was around two but I would of said she was older by looking at her..
    [/QUOTE]

I'm still thinking towards a bit of arthiritis or just old age.... I had an older bun who was a bit arthritic (8yrs old) it didnt cause her any problems and she never needed any meds, but she was a bit stiff looking and slower than she used to me (arnt we all!). If shes not in very good condition and underweight, I'd be inclined to get her a bit fitter first and see if she improves, lack of muscle tone will make any artiritis worse and vice versa.

Wise Old Thumper

I've posted on your thread in Stories and Photos

Amy

Muscle Waste?

Unless she is old, I guess it could be muscle wastage? What did she live in before you rescued her? When we got Jen she was very stiff on her legs & the vet said that was muscle waste, gentle exercise..little & often has made all the difference. Shes steady on her feet now & will run round the garden etc Hope Nia's Ok Xx