• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Soft Toys.

mit

Mama Doe
I have seen a few of you guys have given your buns soft toys to play and snuggle with. Is it safe? I bought a quite bun of my friend and would like to put it in to the shed for the boys to play about with, but im scared they'll eat it of something. Is there anything i can do to the soft toy to make it safer?

m
xx

Tilly had loads, just make sure they dont have easily pulled off eyes or something..and if they can come off make sure theyre too big to get in their mouths. Also check them over regularly for rips etc Xx

I once found Linus grooming a soft white toy bunny that I had! the toy bunny was eventually replaced when we got the real thing for him - Selma!
Oppositesattract.jpg

Tufty had one before I bonded her & she loved it. Isn't interested in it anymore now she's got two bunny friends instead. Tried giving it to Nancy but she threw it everywhere :roll: xxx

... my old rabbit Bonnie ate hers. :roll: When I first got her she was so small - compared to the other, adult rabbit I had. So I thought she'd appreciate a soft toy to cuddle with. And the next day she'd ripped an arm off and pulled a load of stuffing out. And bits were missing when we checked. Luckily, she did not suffer any ill effects from this, which must have been pure luck. I go cold thinking about it now.

Our un-neutered boys who are particularly frustrated get the 'randy rabbit' which is a furry rabbit bean bag to get aquainted with :lol:

None of my bunnies have ever hurt their plushies:D Only Zakura started nibbling on hers when I put it just outside her cage, I think she was trying to pull it back in trhough the fence:roll:
However one day my brother made a somewhat scruffy looking toy and put it in her cage, and she most definitely did not like that one:lol:

From hereon in I pronouce that Sooz that be known as the Ann Summers of the Rabbit World:lol:

:thumb: See, you don't need to neuter, just get Sooz round with her randy beanies and have a party!

Mine has an owl that he loves and 2 knitted things that one of my senior students made for him, a rabbit and a pixie. I always check that there's nothing loose, or any synthetic stuff won't come out, but I think as most toys now have to meet strict safety standards for babies, they'll be safe for your bun.

I think it depends on the buns - but generally soft toys are quite safe. Millie has a couple which she loves. She does sometimes attack them, but I just made sure there are no little bits which can come of them that she could possibly eat.:D

Back