• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Ever Get The Feeling You Love Your Bun Too Much?

catswhiskas

Warren Veteran
You know when I had Bugsy I thought I would never feel like that again about another bun and he will always be incredibly special to me... however since Caramel has become a house bun she has changed so much and is totally adorable and we have developed a very special bond.... I know that I love her far too much for my own good. I know that when the bridge calls, I am going to be totally devastated. My other half says it worries him too. But I can't help it. I totally and utterly adore her and she has become like my baby... Anyone else have these worries?

Oh I totally have those worries! I had the most awful dream last night about Piper dying and I woke up sobbing. And that was just a dream! My hubby thinks I go over the top sometimes, but I shudder to think of how I'll take it when Piper actually does die...

I get that. After Bob died I never thought I'd be able to love a bun as much as I loved him 'cause he was so special and it broke my heart when he died but when Tufty was ill a few weeks ago I thought I was going to lose her and was in pieces. I think I have a special bond with her 'cause she was a single house bun for a few months and so only had me for company, and we became so close. I worry about losing any of my buns though, I love them so much, even if they don't love me back.

im actually obsessed with Crystal love her more then anything she is my special princes she can do no wrong. i dread to think what im going to be like when she does cross the bridge but hopefully that wont be for ages as shes only 2

Squidgy

That's all I need to say - he's my boy. I love him so much and so does my o/h.

I had a dream I lived in a treehouse in the garden with Trip a few nights ago and Scarlett and Buu had to live in the hutch on the floor :oops: :oops: :oops: :lol: I dont think I love them too much because they deserve it for being so perfect :D

But my brother said that when I was away and Kelvin was round one night he said what on earth are we going to do when one of her rabbits dies :roll:

I'm the same. I constantly feel like my bunnies' days are numbered, because of their health problems, but since they've become house bunnies I'm even closer to them.

You can never love a bun too much, but you can love them too much for your own good. I love all my buns but Caramel and I have a bond... a special bond and when I look at her little bunny ears and her little bunny nose and bunny mouth and big bunny feet I go all silly.

We both love ours to bits and when those 'Bridge' thoughts pop into my head every now n then, something inside me just collapses. I'm so surprised by how strong that is, and a bit scared...thanks for the thread, it's bizarrely reassuring, I think :?

We both love ours to bits and when those 'Bridge' thoughts pop into my head every now n then, something inside me just collapses. I'm so surprised by how strong that is, and a bit scared...thanks for the thread, it's bizarrely reassuring, I think :?

Sorry... don't mean to be morbid :oops: Just wondered if I was the only one?

as yet i havent worried about Alvin going to the bridge, but i am worried about his wife (when i find her) dying as she will have had a shady past and im worried about his little heart..... im very guilty of tarnishing animals with human emotions :( the dog whisperer would prob slap me....lololololololol

Sorry... don't mean to be morbid :oops: Just wondered if I was the only one?
hey, I didn't think it was morbid, it's reality, and I mean it whan I say thanks for bringing it up, cos it gives other folks a chance to voice their emotions over a subject that is probably at the back of peoples minds more than we realise, and you certainly aren't the only one:)
(It generates confusing emotions, that's why the :? )

I'm glad its not just me who is mad too!! I am dreading losing my buns, the last one I lost was like losing someone very close to me.

Homer is especially close to me as we had him in the house as a baby and as he has not been so good this year I have had to look after him and he trusts me totally and licks me lots.

When I found out he had osteo(whatever it is for his teeth) I read up on it (how I found this site actually) and cried the whole weeked as I thought his time would be up very shortly. When I told the vet he laughed at me when I said I had been crying all weekend and asked why. He has said that he will do the best to "control" this for Homer so I guess there is nothing more than I can do except take him for his regular dentals. I dread the day anything happens to my little man I will be a complete wreck.

Yes I think I do.

I just adore my two and whenever I think of life without my two I just well up:cry:.

I have to say I was like this when I had my two rescue guinea pigs, I couldn't imagine getting other piggies, they were just such unique little guys.

Last edited:
Thank goodness - there are more people who feel the same............I have only had Bumble (& he is my first) for a few weeks & thought it was new bunny owner syndrome..................I love him so much & even though he has started to nip & be mischievious.......he is still my sweetie!!!:lol: :love: :love: :love:

hey, I didn't think it was morbid, it's reality, and I mean it whan I say thanks for bringing it up, cos it gives other folks a chance to voice their emotions over a subject that is probably at the back of peoples minds more than we realise, and you certainly aren't the only one:)
(It generates confusing emotions, that's why the :? )

Awwww. I know it is something that is always there isn't it? Everytime you look at them it is lurking somewhere cos they are such frail little babies xxx :cry:

Thank goodness - there are more people who feel the same............I have only had Bumble (& he is my first) for a few weeks & thought it was new bunny owner syndrome..................I love him so much & even though he has started to nip & be mischievious.......he is still my sweetie!!!:lol: :love: :love: :love:

Its callled the bunny bug and you have it. It is something you probably never thought you would feel for a bun either. Do you find yourself spending hours just staring at your bun... marvelling at every cute little thing about them? Dropping kisses on their little heads and telling them that you love them? Welcome to Bundom! It will only get worse. :shock:

Back