• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

run out of hay!!!

cheekytikki

Wise Old Thumper
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

and i cant get meadow hay anywhere! well technically there is pure pastures which my buns werent keen on or i can get it for £4 a kg! :?

why doesnt anywhere have natures best devon meadow hay any more???

:( are there any other onlinee hay places apart from THE, BB and DFH??

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

and i cant get meadow hay anywhere! well technically there is pure pastures which my buns werent keen on or i can get it for £4 a kg! :?

why doesnt anywhere have natures best devon meadow hay any more???

:( are there any other onlinee hay places apart from THE, BB and DFH??

Natures Best Devon Hay had some really bad quality hay this summer. That's why the Hay Experts are not selling it at the moment. Mine are fine with the Pure Pastures, I usually mix in some other types of hay, too.

Everyones really struggling getting decent hay atm arent they?! My Gran called earlier to say that the farm by us has started selling it again (cant get it for about 3mnths a year) so going to go up there tonight & see what its like..the stuff ive had to buy is just awful, brown & dusty. Still not got my dust free hay yet either :evil: xx

oh right i must admit mine had the devons best a while back so they must have got the good batch or something. they really werent keen on pure pastures and tbh i want that impressed either it was brown and funny looking and didnt smell sweet or nicce either :?

will look on the willow warren thanks :D

lol sorry yeah dust free hay - couldnt be bothered to type it all out :oops:

still on the lookout but for now at least managed to get a couple of kgs in town so got a bit of extra time!

i got a new bale from my landlord whos a farmer.its a greeny colour n smells sooo yummy!buns r goin crazy for it!x

Wish I could get some decent hay:roll: last to big bags have been a right mixture of good and bad, and it's been going off quick. Found one bag the other day that was so soggy, I had to chuck it away, what a waste:roll:

Think I'll have to do another big order from hay experts, I get my treat hays from there so I'll see what they've got in the way of 'normal' hay:D

vikki:wave:

Abi.. have you ever been to a farm to get a bale? I got one recently at the one in Taverham.. near to the garden centre, its ok and they eat it but its not as nice as it was earlier in the year. A bale used to be £2.50 but now its £3 which is still cheap, but the man there told me they only got about a third as much as they usually do due to all the rain :shock: Not sure what im gonna do when they run out. The other place i used to get hay from is the Giant Pet Store near the airport, or the one where Cheryl is in Hellesdon in the little shopping centre, although i cant remember what type of hay they sell now. I'll be going to the giant petstore tomorrow so i'll see what hay they have now.
Good luck! Let me know if you find some decent stuff i might be hunting as well soon!

also just remembered that taverham sell pre bagged stuff called norfolk hay or something :? might check that out......or smile sweetly at sister OH who's parents own a farm and see if they have a bale going spare :oops: :oops: :lol:

im afraid this wont be any use to you - but bizarrely i got a fantastic bale of hay from our local supplies place a couple of weeks ago. it was much better quality than the last bale i got. i was actually warned by them after all the floods that they couldnt guarantee any nice stuff for a while but they must have got it from somewhere. and it was only £4.

still ive ordered £50 worth of stuff off BB today for the spoilt bunsters.

also just remembered that taverham sell pre bagged stuff called norfolk hay or something :? might check that out......or smile sweetly at sister OH who's parents own a farm and see if they have a bale going spare :oops: :oops: :lol:

Is that in Ken's Food Store next to the garden centre?

Everyones really struggling getting decent hay atm arent they?! My Gran called earlier to say that the farm by us has started selling it again (cant get it for about 3mnths a year) so going to go up there tonight & see what its like..the stuff ive had to buy is just awful, brown & dusty. Still not got my dust free hay yet either :evil: xx
That'll be because of the postal strike.....

Just been to Giant PetStore.. they dont have the one you were after. They have Supa meadow hay and Canac hay. They didnt even have their own bales which ive seen there before.
I went in to get a bag of their dried grass but the area was empty.. asked a member of staff and he came back with a HUGE bag of Just Grass.. i think its gonna last me a year! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ohh, I got told it wasnt sent by royal mail? :eek: I ordered it way before postage strike anyway :roll:

If you only ordered a single bag then Royal Mail delivers. Multiple bags are sent by courier so should arrive within days, maybe they have got lost en route?

Is that in Ken's Food Store next to the garden centre?

yeah i think thats the place..it is where i got the big bale from last time. butt i think i got it at the wrong time or something as t was just full of seeds and poor duchess got a huge one stuck in her eye :(

i am addicted to that shop it looks like it isnt going to have much and then you go inside and it had loads of doggy stuff :oops: :lol: :lol:

havent been to the GPS for ages...might have to go on a spending spree there! although last time i went i stood by the rat cage for 15 minutes trying to look interewsted enough for a member of staff to maybe ask if i wanted a cuddle with the ratties but no one asked :cry: :oops: :lol:

Back