• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Fairwell to dear Edward R.I.P. Oct 4, '07

Ed_n_Bo

New Kit
Hi guys,

Today, I lost my dear rabbit Edward this morning. He was almost 4 years old. He had gotten sick before, but only from minor things. I'm very down right now, and would appreciate any comforting thoughts:( .

I'm very sad right now because I'm already missing him :cry: . He was such a wonderful and passive rabbit. He'd let me pet him, and would go after my hand so I would keep petting him. His lose came so sudden. I never thought he'd be gone this soon:( . Him and his companion Bonnie were everything I had. It's very sad seeing her searching for him. We didn't let her see him dead.

I really don't know why he died, and I blame myself for not taking better care of him:cry: :cry: . He was fine yesterday afternoon, but when I went to feed them in the evening he couldn't walk or stay straight. He couldn't move even though he fought to try. I saw him suffer while dying:cry: . I'm trying to find out what had happened to him. He had several seizures until he finally gave up. I stayed by his side until the end:cry: . I petted him just how he always liked it. I'm having a hard time with this. For me he was more than an animal, he was my companion. I had him for three yeas, so you guys can imagine how bad I'm feeling right now. Do you guys have any suggestions?It'll never be the same because he was so unique. I won't have the his big red eyes on him telling me "feed me, please". I won't have another rabbit after my hand begging to be pet.

Now, I don't know what to do with Bonnie. She's desperately looking for him:( . I know this will be very hard for her because they were together for three years. Never were apart, and liked each other from the very first day I introduced them. Should I get her another companion right away?

Any comforting thoughts are greatly appreciated!!!:wave:

Katty

Awwwww it sounds like Ed was a very happy and loved rabbit and you gave him a fantastic life, I send you many many hugs and snuggles to Bonnie too - sleep peacefully little Edward your mummy will miss you very very much :cry:

Thank u very much guys!!!:wave:

Indeed, he was a very loved rabbit. I'm going to miss him for a very long time. He was so unique. Bonnie is very sad, and she's very nervous because she can't find him. At least, she didn't see him dead.

Again, thank you guys!

Katty

awwww bless her. Maybe in a while you cold get her some company....

hope you have a good weekend hun

xx

Thank you so much guys!!!

Your kind words really mean a lot to me right now. I can't get myself together, and have to run to the ladies room for some tissue. As I read this, I can't hold my tears:cry: .

Edward would never be forgotten, and I don't think I can replace him right now. Bonnie is very sad, and I hope she hangs in there too. He meant so much for us!!!

Edward mommy would always love you.

Katty

So sorry to hear your news:( Edward sounds like he had a very happy life with you.
Binky free little bun.

Back