Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: VHD jab reaction - update - been to the vet

Default VHD jab reaction - update - been to the vet

Do anybody else's buns react badly to the VHD jab? Evo had his last night and he is very subdued today. He will eat hay but not anything else. He's very sleepy too. It happens every year, but I still worry.
    Last edited by Rallybunny; 02-10-2007 at 03:35 PM.

Warren Veteran

Kiki has just had hers and was fine... phew. Hope Evo feels better soon.
    Jill

I have just had to sit there and feed him individual strands of hay. I always book the jab the day before I have a day off so I can sort him out. I would have been panicking a bit more if I hadn't expected it though.

If he's not perked up by this evening, I'll pop him up the vets for a bit of metoclopramide, they are normally very good at squeezing him in.

4 of mine have had VHD recently and been fine. The other 2 are going next week for theirs.

No, they seem a bit more quiet the next day but nothing major. Hope Evo picks up soon x

Quote Originally Posted by Rallybunny View Post
    Do anybody else's buns react badly to the VHD jab? Evo had his last night and he is very subdued today. He will eat hay but not anything else. He's very sleepy too. It happens every year, but I still worry.

My previous bunny always had a reaction to his VHD, he would be subdued and off his food, once it lasted for 3 days.
    The only time he didn't suffer a reaction was when he was on metacam.
    My female bun was never affected by it though.

Hope Evo picks up soon.

I have him booked in for the vets for 3.10 now, but I don't know what to do. He's now drinking, eating oats, hay and haycakes, but still turning his nose up at his SS (usually goes mental for it) and has only done 2 poos. Shall I risk upsetting him by taking him to the vet, or see how he is in the morning? I will be out from 7.30 until about midnight tonight.

i know its not rabbits but when we took my moms dog for her first jab the vet warned us itll knock her about a bit, the same was with my cat he werent allowed out for a day after, i guess with any pet/human having a virus put into thier system would cause them to feel a bit off for a day or too... my dad used to have the flu jab and he always got a little cold afterwards.

Alvin has only had one VHD jab so far and he was a bit quiet but hes not a fan of the vets so that too might be what makes them upset as well as the jabs..

Alvin my precious angel is no longer living with me *sad face*
    RIP Hollywillaboobie love you forever... Alvin is ruling his own little kingdom at Hopper Haven http://www.hopperhaven.org.uk a bunny paradise

PLEASE HELP SUPPORT PLEDGE A POUND - Visit the Pledge a Pound Website and Forum http://pledgeapound.net/about.php

Banned

all of mine are rather quiet following the vhd jab. they soon buck up again

Well we went to the vet, just in case it was his teeth rather than the VHD. Teeth were fine, but he has a temperature. Bless. Vet wanted to hold off any treatment until tomorrow, so I have another appointment for the morning in case Evo is not better.