• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Vibes for Casper? And Sophie, too?

a reader of books

Warren Veteran
Hello everyone. I'm still really poorly because of my ME, so not up to saying much, but Casper didn't want to eat this morning. My mum took him to the vets for me, and he's feeling better now, but he's not back to normal yet. Some vibes would be really appreciated if any of you have some for him. :love:

Last edited:
Lots of vibes for Casper that he'll be back to normal soon, and hope you'll be feeling better too xx

Oh no poor Casper, hope he's eating normally and feeling better soon, you too Reader, big hugs for you both xxx

Sending millions of vibes for Casper. I hope he starts feeling better very soon. Xx
Also sending millions of vibes for you. Xx

Ah poor Casper, I'm so sorry to hear that. I send a lot of vibrations for him. Xxxxxxx

Aw, thank you so much everyone for being so kind and sending Casper so many vibes. :love: And it's so sweet of you all to send me some, too. Thank you. :love:

Sadly, Casper hasn't been eating much today and he's very quiet. :( I hope once he gets more active around 5 he'll start eating more. If not, I'll have to syringe feed him.

Aww I'm sorry Casper still isn't munching lots.

Sending lots of vibes for him and fingers crossed you won't have to syringe feed him, I know that is really hard when you're not feeling well yourself!

Sent from my SM-A528B using Tapatalk

Aww I'm sorry Casper still isn't munching lots.

Sending lots of vibes for him and fingers crossed you won't have to syringe feed him, I know that is really hard when you're not feeling well yourself!

Sent from my SM-A528B using Tapatalk
Thank you. :love: I did end up syringe feeding him... He took it well, and after that he ate some hay. :love:

I'm sorry your dear Blossom hasn't had a good day, either. I'm sending her lots of vibes.

I'm glad he took the feed well :love: what a little sweetie . Fighting a resistant bun when you're not well is the last thing you want. You'll both continue to be in my thoughts

I'm glad he took the feed well :love: what a little sweetie . Fighting a resistant bun when you're not well is the last thing you want. You'll both continue to be in my thoughts
Thank you. :love: He was being very sweet. :love: Now if he'd stop running away every time it's medicine or syringe feed time, that would be even better. ;) I keep having to stagger after him with my walking stick and wobbly legs, and he's so much faster than me that I have no chance of getting to him until he eventually goes to sit in a corner somewhere, by which point I'm absolutely exhausted and he's very unhappy with me. :(

Glad he's has some syringe feed and is eating hay, hope it continues
Thank you. :love: He ate some more hay just a little while ago. :love: Also, I read your post about Fern's eye being better today and really hope it will continue to get better. :)

I'm sorry you and Casper are both poorly. But it sounds encouraging that he's eaten a bit of hay. Fingers crossed he'll continue to improve.
Thank you. :love:

I woke up this morning to sounds of him eating hay (I slept on the sofa), and after that he ate more hay, and he has eaten some greens, but not much. He's still good about his syringe feeding, thankfully. Last night he was fighting it, but today he's been easier. His poops are actually okay. A bit smaller than normal, but not tiny. He's fairly active, too. So, he's better than Sunday morning, but progress is pretty slow.

Back