• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

New indoor home all finished setting up... :)

FredW

Alpha Buck
Well it's finally all done and set up and my babies will be home very soon :)

So I thought I share with you how it all looks... since knowing my two it will stay like this probably less than 5 minutes. Bunbuns will be straight in her litter tray digging, covering the floor with it all, Fluffy will be testing all edges to see which bits he can chew on, then throwing all the toys in one corner, then Bunbuns will go round trying to tip the bed over just before both then sit on the shelf to have a snuggle after a hard few minutes work lol
anyway... here is the pen.... not the best pics, but gives an idea:
SpoiledRabbits03.jpg

SpoiledRabbits04.jpg

SpoiledRabbits05.jpg

SpoiledRabbits08.jpg

I ended up not covering it all in fleece, as the Lino Daniel from Boyle's Pet Housing supplied is really great quality and has a nice gentle spring to it. plus with all the legs from the shelves and tunnel it would have been close to impossible covering the floor without having it attached. plus this way it keeps it cleaner anyway, so fingers crossed they will be just fine. though it looks like they should be.

These are their other things outside the pen to play with during the day when I am around:
SpoiledRabbits02.jpg

SpoiledRabbits06.jpg

SpoiledRabbits07.jpg

And of course when I saw this sign I had to get it as I thought it was fitting ;)
SpoiledRabbits01.jpg

Now I just have to hope they like it, fingers crossed

I love this, really well thought to give entertainment, lucky bunnies! In the third to last photo there's a mini house (on the left of the photo)- was this from Boyle's too?

I love this, really well thought to give entertainment, lucky bunnies! In the third to last photo there's a mini house (on the left of the photo)- was this from Boyle's too?

Thanks, well I spend months and months working on this, and I must have driven Daniel mad with all my changes, but was worth it in the end. well prove will be when they are happy, so we'll see. as for those houses, they are actually all from the Hay Expert: https://www.thehayexperts.co.uk/fun-stuff/wooden-houses-by-the-hay-experts.html I had those for a while now, just never photographed them properly, but they love them, both of them. cant get them out of there :)

I feel really sorry for your two - being stuck in some second-rate house.:lol:

It is truly splendid. Do you take in lodgers?
Did you find it comparatively easy to put together - I seem to remember you doubting your DIY skills.

I feel really sorry for your two - being stuck in some second-rate house.:lol:

It is truly splendid. Do you take in lodgers?
Did you find it comparatively easy to put together - I seem to remember you doubting your DIY skills.

well it took me two days basically. It would have been much easier if I didn't have all the shelves, hideout box and stuff like that, but was overall not too bad. Daniel did sent a proper step by step guide, so even someone with no skills could follow it. :)

That looks incredible! I gave up smoking 3 months ago and have been using the money for shoes but I think I may have to start saving for something like this now! Good job Buddy Bunny can't use the internet or he'd be feeling well cheated right now lol :lol:

That looks incredible! I gave up smoking 3 months ago and have been using the money for shoes but I think I may have to start saving for something like this now! Good job Buddy Bunny can't use the internet or he'd be feeling well cheated right now lol :lol:

If you've reached the 3 month mark you definitely deserve treats!

:love:.. That looks amazing... What lucky bunnies.... I do agree though, we want to see after pictures of the mess.. Doesn't look like that for long!!

Well done though x

Quick update. Bunbuns is already loving it. explored everything. is getting faster and faster on the lino, jumping around, she looks happy. Fluffy hasn't moved out the litter box yet, been in there about an hour, keeps eating, looking out, pooping, eating more, grooming etc, but has not ventured any further. I am leaving him for now, at least he has water, toilet and hay all in the space he is in. hopefully he'll start exploring soon. Bunbuns keeps coming up to him trying to encourage him, but so far no luck. Funny enough I thought it would have been the other way round, since he has been the bigger explorer always with all other new stuff. I think he's just not trusting the new flooring yet, but no doubt he will in no time.... fingers crossed

If you don't post pictures.... It didn't happen!,!!!:lol:

Soooo True :lol:

My boys race around on Lino like its a natural surface but they have had 12 months to get used to it :roll:

Rosie and Pie tend to tread very carefully they have only been in a few days but Rosie is getting quicker and less noisy :lol:

They will learn to keep their claws in :thumb: less slipping :thumb:

Wow, when can I move in ! :lol: that looks amazing, very well thought out. Just intrigued though, how do they get into the plastic hay box, is there a secret entrance on the left of it ?

Ignore that last bit, I've just seen the first pic again- very clever design :thumb:

well it is coming together nicely. We ended up picking Fluffy up and putting him on the ground level as such, he then started moving around, and within a few minutes he started exploring everything and now he just jumps up on that tunnel and on the shelves and back down like he has known it all his life. Both are getting more comfortable on the lino already and also on the wood. Bunbuns is getting through the tunnel faster and faster, give her a week or so and no doubt she'll run through it, same with him. He really is taken by the hideout box, had a nice long sleep in it, with his head out the hole. Will try and get some nice pics tomorrow when the lighting is better.

quick question.... would you leave the light on over night, the first night or two? it's only a small light I got on at the moment, but seems to help them find their way.

Wow this is incredible, one of the best indoor set ups I've seen! It makes me think of a dollhouse for rabbits!:lol: I love how it's not just one big open space, it's so much more interesting to the rabbits and appealing to the eye with all the levels and wooden objects and such!

We need pictures of the buns exploring their new home!!! It looks utterly incredible, they are very lucky buns.

Back