• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rehomed: Lola- Beautiful Single Female -Rhinelander

Physical Description: Lola is a large female rabbit (Rhinelander) that has just arrived at the rescue
Temperament: She has a good temperament - but since going in her shed she is trying to nip and scratch- this may improve when she settles- she is bound to be scared.
Sex: Female
Neuter Status: To be done
Vaccination Status: Mixi done- vhd outstanding
Health: Good- vet check done
Type of home wanted: Forever home with bonded partner
Reason for rehoming:The lady who kindly delivers us unwanted newspapers told us of a rabbit who had never been out of her hutch (ever!) she had overgrown nails and was not being cleaned out often enough. Surprisingly she is in good health after her recent vet check. She is now looking for her forever home!

B0ftll.jpg

dpAUsl.jpg

Last edited:
:shock::shock:

She looks like a Rhinelander :shock::shock: I think they are fairly large so she would be the right size too. I think I've also read that they aren't the cuddliest of breeds, but if you want a graceful rabbit - to be a rabbit - and not a cuddle but then..... :love::love::love:

I've seen them on sale at Tong Garden Centre, so if she's come from the Leeds/Bradford area there's a chance she was originally sold there.

(A breed I have on my wish list)... but unfortunately not a possiblity at the moment.... mustn't look again :cry:

Thankyou so much for doing the transport run Ruthie! Truly grateful to get this girl into rescue and out of her current situation where she would have continued live in less than perfect conditions. Thank you for rescuing her!

She looks like a Rhinelander :shock::shock:

I've seen them on sale at Tong Garden Centre, so if she's come from the Leeds/Bradford area there's a chance she was originally sold there.

(A breed I have on my wish list)... but unfortunately not a possiblity at the moment.... mustn't look again :cry:

Thankyou.

Well if you change your mind- seems like she may be a challenging girl. We will see how she settles in :)

I was glad to help sorry i was a bit late :oops: She is such a lovely bunny someone will be so lucky

Ruthie xxx

She may just be territorial as all she has ever know is her hutch and because of that be exhibiting learned behaviors. Hopefully with some TLC things will improve for her. It's great she was fine traveling and to handle.

Yes I was expecting her to kick like mine do but she was fine. Of course I only saw her for a little bit so don't know if I saw her true character. I wish I could give her some love! :love:

Ruthie xxx

My God - that is def a Rhinelander. And I wonder if this one has originally come from the lady I know who used to breed them. I'm her petsitter.

She no longer breeds after suffering a brain injury in a road accident but there were babies born after her accident. She gave some to another breeder but others were going to pet shops. I know she has given them to Tong Garden Ctr in the past.

Mrs W lives in Bramhope. Lola will very likely have come from her originally. Lord knows what became of all the others. I guess people will have got them not realising how big they get.

She looks like a Rhinelander :shock::shock: I think they are fairly large so she would be the right size too. I think I've also read that they aren't the cuddliest of breeds, but if you want a graceful rabbit - to be a rabbit - and not a cuddle but then..... :love::love::love:

My lovely Thumper is a Rhinelander so we believe - some of you may remember he is the bun that was rescued in York and brought down to me in Wales.

Thumper is a big bun and likes to have plenty of space to run around. He can be flighty (as they all can) but he is loving, funny and gets on well with our other buns and cats. He is very intelligent and we all love him so much.

Good luck Lola - if you are anything like Thumper you will make someone very happy xxxxxxxxxxx

Aww, she's beautiful! :love: I hope she finds her forever home soon xx

My lovely Thumper is a Rhinelander so we believe - some of you may remember he is the bun that was rescued in York and brought down to me in Wales.

Thumper is a big bun and likes to have plenty of space to run around. He can be flighty (as they all can) but he is loving, funny and gets on well with our other buns and cats. He is very intelligent and we all love him so much.

Good luck Lola - if you are anything like Thumper you will make someone very happy xxxxxxxxxxx

I thought of Thumper straight away! :love:

I live really near tong garden centre, i hate thw way they keep the rabbits. I once engaged the bunny lady in conversation as she chased a pregnant giant rabbit round a small pen complete with the male rabbit and guinea pigs! she eventually caught her and picked her up like a child picks up a doll, which i suggested to her might no be the best way My 8 yr old is more rabbit savvy! The other rabbits are in tanks with glass doors and hot lights the rabbits are usually breathing as if too hot, its just an awful place for rabbits. The lady in question had gained all her rabbit 'expertise' from her time working for that other well known rabbit savvy store - pets at home!:cry::evil:

Back