• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Pets at homes new rabbit accommodation

Steph2790

Young Bun
Saw this on my Instagram yesterday

Seems pets at home want to encourage more kids to beg their parents for a pet rabbit. It’s absolutely heartbreaking to think most will just be forgotten about after the first week, even more so at this time of year where going outside to tend to rabbits in the freezing cold and rain is something only a few are dedicated to doing day in day out.

Surely their money would be better spent on proper rabbit training for their staff so that they actually understand the environment they need, that a hutch is not enough and that companionship is an absolute must with these animals?

Profits come first yet again...

I commented on this on there. Absolutely ridiculous and ye again shows no regard for the rabbits they're selling.

I am afraid I have given up trying to have any impact on PAH selling animals. They will NEVER stop, but they are certainly not the worst Pet Shops. Also, advice given in Store can vary widely depending on the 'Rabbit Savviness' of the member of Staff. Some people actually get a job with the company with the sole intention of trying to get them to make positive changes. I am certainly no advocate for PAH, but as far as Pet Shops go they are certainly a long way from the worst.

Given that no amount of slagging off, pressure, boycotting etc has changed their stance on the sale of Pet Rabbits (and other small furies/fish etc) over the last 15+ years then I guess the least worst scenario is for Rabbit Welfare organisations to try to work with them.

When Is pets at home going to get cancelled? It's over due now

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

Back