• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What's the age of the oldest bunny you have / had?

My oldest is currently Elphie Flump, at 7 years, 4 months and still going. She's the oldest I've ever had and I hope she continues to keep going strong. :) I've had her from 8 weeks of age, so she's the only bun I have a definite age of.

Archimedes MAY have been older. The rescue falsely aged him at 2.5 years. When he was PTS, 2 months after I adopted him, he was classified as being "more like 10".

My oldest is currently Elphie Flump, at 7 years, 4 months and still going. She's the oldest I've ever had and I hope she continues to keep going strong. :) I've had her from 8 weeks of age, so she's the only bun I have a definite age of.

Archimedes MAY have been older. The rescue falsely aged him at 2.5 years. When he was PTS, 2 months after I adopted him, he was classified as being "more like 10".

I remember Archimedes:love: You had him for such a precious little time but heartening he eventually found love and security with you

I remember Archimedes:love: You had him for such a precious little time but heartening he eventually found love and security with you

Artie was such a sweetie. Erasmus reminds me a lot of him - in personality as well as breed/colourings. :lol:

About 8 years and seven months. Which is the age of my current bunny Jack :)

He's a mini rex that was dumped on the steps of a pet shop in a box with his sibling when he was around 3 months old. My parents happened to be shopping that day and they were awwing over the bunnies being sold there and an employee came up and asked if they'd like a rabbit and showed them Jack (his sibling had already found a home). They couldn't sell him because of store policies. My parents couldnt say no :lol:

About 8 years and seven months. Which is the age of my current bunny Jack :)

He's a mini rex that was dumped on the steps of a pet shop in a box with his sibling when he was around 3 months old. My parents happened to be shopping that day and they were awwing over the bunnies being sold there and an employee came up and asked if they'd like a rabbit and showed them Jack (his sibling had already found a home). They couldn't sell him because of store policies. My parents couldnt say no :lol:

he was destined to be yours:love:. Wishing you many many more happy years

Bramble will be 10 in July (touch wood). I've already told her that she is going to live to be the world's oldest bunny, I'm not letting her go!

My little bridge bunny Patch. A black and white dutch cross, with a black Patch in her white band (my mum chose her name!) She lived until 9 years 3 months. She was the surviving runt of an accidental litter (this is way back in the 90's by the way!) her mum Black Velvet died when she was very young so I brought her and her siblings up right from little.

Her eyes were cloudy, so we never knew quite what she could see, she had regular bouts of not eating, but would be tempted with her fave kale, would pass a big ceacal lump, and would be fine again. I used to sit in the vets holding a bag of fluids going into her and she may have had a course of Baytril which was pretty much all that was on offer for anything presented at the vets whatever the symptom! We were regulars at the vets with that! She wasn't spayed, was never vaccinated we just didnt really know the importance back then :shock:

I saw a huge hutch in the pet shop and made it my mission to buy it for her - 5ft! It was like the rolls Royce of hutches compared to anything I had ever seen and was thrilled when I could buy it for her, £120 which back then was a lot of money!

How things have changed since back then! I never knew how she made it so long against all the odds stacked against her. She was a real sweet little bunny :love:

Back