• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Available Individual: Dobby, 3 year old neutered male - Wirral near Chester

Vikki83

New Kit
I currently have a 3 year old male English spot rabbit called Dobby.

Dobby is a house rabbit and is used to having plenty of space – he usually has the run of the conservatory but is currently in the dining room (as its warmer) and also roams the hall and lounge when we are home.

Dobby is white English spot rabbit with lovely brown speckles. He has a lovely nature and is a sweet rabbit.

You can see a picture of Dobby here (https://www.instagram.com/p/Bmg6YWpBcI6/) he is on the left

Four weeks ago we sadly lost his rabbit wife Luna (she was a bossy little wife but they were great together).

Since losing Luna he seems withdrawn and a little skittish but ultimately he just isn’t himself, and that pains me.

As of November I had a change in my work circumstances meaning I have to work away 2 weeks of the month for the foreseeable (possibly 3 years). Whilst I work away my mum looks after the rabbits (we live in the same house) and as they were a bonded pair this worked fine as my mum dotes on them –like grandchildren (bunnies). However my mum is getting on, and prior to losing Luna she had mentioned she wouldn't be able to keep this up.

Since Luna has passed away I feel Dobby needs company more than ever and with my work situation and having had experience bonding rabbits, knowing the time that is required to support this it would be wrong of me to put this on my mum (who is getting on a bit) and is also being kept up with worry as Dobby just isn’t himself.

It with a heavy heart I feel that I should look to find Dobby a new bunny wife and home

As I mentioned earlier Dobby has been a little withdrawn since losing Luna and I really think he thrives on having a partner. He will take treats off you but currently doesn’t like to be petted too much and as I mentioned is becoming a little withdrawn since losing Luna. We have tried to put a pretend rabbit in with him in the meantime but this doesn’t seem to interest him. He is neutered but is due a vaccination renewal.

Ultimately all I want is for Dobby to have the best life and as much as it pains and saddens me that may not be with me with current circumstances as I feel he really needs the company of another rabbit.

I am based on the Wirral near Chester and Dobby has all the housing/play equipment you could ever need. He travels well in the car and I'd be happy to assist with bonding as I have years of experience.

Is anyone able to help?

I currently have a 3 year old male English spot rabbit called Dobby.

Dobby is a house rabbit and is used to having plenty of space – he usually has the run of the conservatory but is currently in the dining room (as its warmer) and also roams the hall and lounge when we are home.

Dobby is white English spot rabbit with lovely brown speckles. He has a lovely nature and is a sweet rabbit.

You can see a picture of Dobby here (https://www.instagram.com/p/Bmg6YWpBcI6/) he is on the left

Four weeks ago we sadly lost his rabbit wife Luna (she was a bossy little wife but they were great together).

Since losing Luna he seems withdrawn and a little skittish but ultimately he just isn’t himself, and that pains me.

As of November I had a change in my work circumstances meaning I have to work away 2 weeks of the month for the foreseeable (possibly 3 years). Whilst I work away my mum looks after the rabbits (we live in the same house) and as they were a bonded pair this worked fine as my mum dotes on them –like grandchildren (bunnies). However my mum is getting on, and prior to losing Luna she had mentioned she wouldn't be able to keep this up.

Since Luna has passed away I feel Dobby needs company more than ever and with my work situation and having had experience bonding rabbits, knowing the time that is required to support this it would be wrong of me to put this on my mum (who is getting on a bit) and is also being kept up with worry as Dobby just isn’t himself.

It with a heavy heart I feel that I should look to find Dobby a new bunny wife and home

As I mentioned earlier Dobby has been a little withdrawn since losing Luna and I really think he thrives on having a partner. He will take treats off you but currently doesn’t like to be petted too much and as I mentioned is becoming a little withdrawn since losing Luna. We have tried to put a pretend rabbit in with him in the meantime but this doesn’t seem to interest him. He is neutered but is due a vaccination renewal.

Ultimately all I want is for Dobby to have the best life and as much as it pains and saddens me that may not be with me with current circumstances as I feel he really needs the company of another rabbit.

I am based on the Wirral near Chester and Dobby has all the housing/play equipment you could ever need. He travels well in the car and I'd be happy to assist with bonding as I have years of experience.

Is anyone able to help?

Hope you find Dobby a suitable new home. :cry:

I'm so sorry that you lost Luna :cry: I can understand your situation and really hope that someone on here can help. I can't see your picture from the link, but that is probably more to do with our system. He does sound a very lovely rabbit though.

he's gorgeous. I'm sorry you find yourself in this situation & hope someone can give him a loving home

Thanks for all your messages. I’m hoping a local centre may be able to help. It’s going to be horrible letting him go but if he’s ultimately happier that’s what I have to think about.

Back