• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Level ideas for kennel - pics welcome

Nicola1

Wise Old Thumper
So after lots of research and umming and ahhing over the best options I've ordered a 12ft kennel for the bunnies. Id like to add some levels/shelves in so its like a 2 storey kennel... Does anyone have any tips? :)

I just looked through the indoor housing sticky and it had quite a few pictures with levels and it had guide links under the pics, you might wanna try that 🐰

Hi,

I have a kennel and I've created some levels as I wanted to get maximum space for them, however my DIY skills are very limited so I have used a cheap Ikea table, side table and a cat climbing thing and glued side barriers on and vet bed on top. It's not as impressive as some of the things I've seen other people create but thought I'd show a couple of photos just in case your DIY skills are similar to mine!

I'm not too sure if I've uploaded the photos correctly, let me know if you can't see them.

That's a brilliant Idea. Do you mind if I ask what tables they are as they are a perfect match height wise for each other.

That's a brilliant Idea. Do you mind if I ask what tables they are as they are a perfect match height wise for each other.

Hi, sorry for delay, I missed your message. They're both from Ikea, the taller one is the Linnmon/Adils table and the smaller one is the Lack side table. I've just bought another Linnmon/Adils table and a Lack TV bench so I can expand it as they seem to really like it. The side barriers are really cheap Argos shoe rack shelves!

That looks amazing! May ask where the kennel is from and if it was assembled for you? What are the dimensions?

That looks amazing! May ask where the kennel is from and if it was assembled for you? What are the dimensions?

Thanks! It's from Duchy Farm Kennels, called the Frampton Cattery. 12 x 6ft (inner area - 6 x 4ft, outer area - 6 x 8ft). It normally has a cat flap about half way up at the height of the shelf in the inner kennel, I asked to have this at the bottom and also to have a window put in and they did both for no extra charge. We paid them £25 to have it assembled when they delivered it - best money I've ever spent! We also bought the base that they produce but this isn't essential.

We've had it for 2 years now and it's been absolutely brilliant, I'd definitely recommend it. I do wish I'd had it insulated when I ordered it though as they only do this on their site when they're making it and I keep planning to do it myself but I think it might be beyond my skills but I worry about Poppy and Dexter being cold in the winter.

Happy to answer any more questions.

Sorry I just remembered the assembly is normally free, we just weren't sure of our plans so declined the free assembly and then changed our mind so when they delivered the base they put it all together at the same time.

Oooooh just googled this, it looks fantastic. My chosen options including insulation (same size as yours) would be £1200 which is less than the total cost of my current 10ft x 6ft shed linked via runaround to a 2m x 2m full height run. I insulated the shed myself and dread to think what the actual total cost was!!
I don't have any immediate plans to get a new set up but I do dream of taking on a new pair of rescue buns one day in the not too distant future and this would be my ideal set up. I've got four bunnies already and they take it in turns in a fenced off supervised free range area too so my new ones could get some out time. I've got the perfect spot in the garden as well! Thanks for the reply, it's something to ponder on.

Back