• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

2 boy 2 girl bonding

Elliegirl

Young Bun
I have been asked by a customer about my thoughts on trying to bond 2 established neutered male rabbits with 2 girl rabbits they want to adopt? I've never come across a group containing more than one boy and wasn't sure a 2:2 would work. Anyone have experience of this and points this lady should be aware of?

I have a 2 boy 2 girl bond.Its often the girls who are the worry when there is more than 1 female-all depending on the rabbit personalities of course.Its common for one of the females to take charge of the group in the domestic situation-(its usually males in the wild).The males often decide which female to "back" and then the others fall into place in their order of status within the group.
Someone I know who is very experienced in bonding groups has frequently experienced this pattern too with this combination but obviously its down to the individuals.Do you know the personalities of the different rabbits?

I had quad, I bonded 2 sisters (my original pair) with 2 brothers ( a rescue pair) both pairs had been together since birth and all had been spayed and neutered for several months. The pairs each had a dominant bunny, the dominant boy became the head of the quad. The bond went without hitch, just the usual chasing and fur pulling, and a bit of humping, and they all lived happily together. Sadly they are all at the bridge now :cry:

I have two bucks (one is dominant) and bonded them to two does. They all get on fine as long as Snowflake remembers that his brother, Frosty is in charge. Frosty is the leader and all the others seem to accept that.

2 boys 2 girls

I have a 2 boy 2 girl bond.Its often the girls who are the worry when there is more than 1 female-all depending on the rabbit personalities of course.Its common for one of the females to take charge of the group in the domestic situation-(its usually males in the wild).The males often decide which female to "back" and then the others fall into place in their order of status within the group.
Someone I know who is very experienced in bonding groups has frequently experienced this pattern too with this combination but obviously its down to the individuals.Do you know the personalities of the different rabbits?

Hello!
How do you had your 4 (2+2) starting?
I had a male and a doe that had babies. I gave some of them but I ended up with 2 (a male and a doe).
Father had to be in vet for 2 months and when he came home he was dominant and the son was almost ok with that, since last week when father had to be in vet for 2 days (another reason) and not perfectly healthy, when came back, son attacked him.
now I'm having doubts in what to do to rebound since I separated them and when tried the fought again. They were never totally bonded.
How was your experience in bonding the 2 pairs? and did they by some time fought and had to be rebounded?
Thank you!!
Pat

Back