• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Broody

Hello I really wanted to start a family with my husband but we settled on him buying me a baby bunny instead and now I treat my bunny as he would be my child I wonder whether this will change over time any ideas?

Well, that's a million dollar question... (And I guess it's probably better suited to the "general chat" category than rabbit housing, but since you asked...) Will people change? Just my twopence' worth with a total disclaimer: as a bloke - and a father of two - I would only say, most men are quite vain, so you might have better chance with planting the message of how much you want his baby as opposed to a baby...:lol:

Asking if your husband will change is mind or if you treating your rabbit as a supplement child will change?

The former - some men, like women just simply do not want children. My partner is in his 40s and never had the desire.
The latter - it's a dangerous thing to use animals as a supplement for a real child. Ensure you're aware of rabbit body language, and their need for rabbit company. I call my rabbits "my girls" and refer to myself as their mum and my partner as their daddy but ultimately they are rabbits and they are treated as such.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

I have children and rabbits. They are all my babies, but actually, in truth, the rabbits are pets as opposed to substitute children. I think the need to ‘save’ animals does come from the same nurturing sense. I do know of 2 women who collected pets, far too many pets actually, when they struggled to have children. But I don’t think, in my opinion, that this means that everyone does this. As DP says, some people just don’t want to. Rabbits are cute though, and they don’t take up all the WiFi bandwidth....

Back