• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

poo in bottom of teddys feet !

maxi

Young Bun
:wave:Hello everyone and your bunnies Just wondering if anyone can help me, my two boys teddy and buddy live in the house and teddy has got hard poo on his feet he is trying to get it off himself and I have tired with warm water on a baby wipe but cant get it off with out upsetting him he is still running around and eating xx

Snap, my Oliver has a lump of hard poo stuck on his foot as well. I have tried a few times to gently prise it off and it's half hanging off. I am just leaving it a few more days as I think it will eventually fall off by itself as it's stressing him me trying to remove it. I am afraid to clip it incase I leave him with a sore hock. I cannot believe how hard the poo becomes on their fur when stuck. If no joy in a few days a vet trip to get it removed . Sorry I have no advice.

:wave:Hello everyone and your bunnies Just wondering if anyone can help me, my two boys teddy and buddy live in the house and teddy has got hard poo on his feet he is trying to get it off himself and I have tired with warm water on a baby wipe but cant get it off with out upsetting him he is still running around and eating xx

I think a soak will be the only way I'm afraid. You can try and cut it off, but you really want to avoid cutting any of the fur in case it makes for the hock being sore underneath.

You can very gently prise it off in bits whilst the foot is under water, and then comb it out gently (if possible) and blow dry it on cool very well until dry.

Not a quick fix. The trick is to check the feet as often as you can, and then deal with it whilst it's manageable - in future of course.

Good luck xx

My rabbit Lucy used to get these on her feet, but usually she would take care of it by herself. If there's a lot of it stuck, then I would simply cut it off with scissors trying to cut as less fur as possible. My Lucy had quite fluffy feet so it wasn't hard to cut those poops, if your rabbit has little fur on his feet then probably soaking is a better option.

Išsiųsta naudojantis C6903 Tapatalk 4 Lt

Back