• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bonding Old With New

CHH

Warren Scout
We have a single 11 year old female who had a male partner up until about 6 months ago and a bonded pair (male and female) who are about 18 months old. We adopted the pair about 3 months ago.

We were wondering if it would be worthwhile trying to make it a trio or would we be better to just leave well alone? The 11 year old is very healthy, although her eyesight isn't as good as it was because of cataracts. She was the boss when she had a partner and we would expect her to want to be the boss again if we put them all together.

Is it worth giving it a go?

Thanks.

If the pair have a solid bond I would give it a go. I bonded my almost 11 year old bereaved doe with a 6 month old buck and she was really glad to be with him. It didn't last long before she became ill and had to be kept on her own but I'm glad she had the time with him that she did.

Could you move them close to each other so that she could enjoy their company without having to try bonding?

Back