• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Marti the Thrianta has Been in Rescue Since March :-(

There are 2 Lionheads at the RSPCA which have been there a year, and they look lovely. Although I think, some times, they are better going as a single Bunny to the right home.

Last edited:
I had no idea Thriantas are renowned as difficult to bond. Gilbert was very unfriendly to Alma at initiation of bonding (trying to bite her but he has no incisors so ...). Alma was keen for company. They had such an amazing bond after a few days.

Marti will make someone a very lovely companion, without doubt Thriantas are amazingly friendly :love:

If I were well I’d adopt him and one of ARC’s Does. Oh the irony that I can now afford to have many more Rabbits, but I am too disabled to be able to cope with the additional care.:cry:

Aww he's beautiful! I would love having a house bunny again but a newly built house with pale cream carpet probably isn't the best combination with a house rabbit :shock: Thriantas are an absolute ****** to bond, I've bonded 5 of them with other rabbit(s) over the years but every single one was a nightmare

Aww he's beautiful! I would love having a house bunny again but a newly built house with pale cream carpet probably isn't the best combination with a house rabbit :shock: Thriantas are an absolute ****** to bond, I've bonded 5 of them with other rabbit(s) over the years but every single one was a nightmare

I wonder if they are fine with other Thriantas ? I have found that in general Rexes prefer Rexes.At least bonding two Rexes has always been easy, but not always when it’s a Rex and a non Rex :?

I wonder if they are fine with other Thriantas ? I have found that in general Rexes prefer Rexes.At least bonding two Rexes has always been easy, but not always when it’s a Rex and a non Rex :?

Probably harder if anything because their fieryness clashes. My thrianta boys fell out massively when they were younger and again later on when one of them had to be separated for a few days for vet care. They didn't fall out when we added a female lionlop to the mix though

You know you totally wanna bond Atticus and Clementine for me ;) [emoji38]

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Probably harder if anything because their fieryness clashes. My thrianta boys fell out massively when they were younger and again later on when one of them had to be separated for a few days for vet care. They didn't fall out when we added a female lionlop to the mix though
That's interesting!

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

He came in with another Thrianta who was female, she bonded well with another rabbit and was rehomed quickly. I'm guessing Marti and her fell out.

Back