• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Saying Hello and requesting guidance

Cossiep

New Kit
Hi everyone.
My wife and I had to say goodbye to our two beautiful buns Lewis and Isla within 5 days of each other in February. Lewis died of old age and Isla just faded away without him. It was heartbreaking.
We have made the difficult decision not to have any more rabbits for the time being and are now ready to dispose of our hutches and other bits and pieces.
The main hutch is a lovely 6ft long Ryedale 2-storey unit but it is VERY heavy and cumbersome. Can anyone offer us any help on how and where to advertise this hutch, please?

Thanks
C

Hi CossieP, I'm sorry for your loss.

I'm currently looking for a secondhand hutch as I might be relocating 200miles with my pair and their current set up can't be moved. I've been looking on Gumtree, Ebay, Preloved and FreeAds.

Many ads I've seen state the buyer must collect and dismantle themselves.

I hope that helps.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Sorry about your loss of your rabbits. Are there any local rescues to you that may well benefit from the hutch?

So sorry for your losses. Hugs xxx

I volunteer for an animal rescue and sell for them. Facebook Marketplace is free and easy to sell with.

I’m so sorry to hear that you lost your bunnies.
I had a 5 foot Rydale double hutch and remember how heavy they are! I guess it depends on whether you want to seek the hutch or give it away. A lot of people use gumtree or preloved to sell items or even eBay. You just need to be really clear that the buyer collects and moves the hutch themselves and perhaps say it will take 2 strong people due to the weight of it. Alternatively a local rescue may be grateful for it for a fosterer to use or to sell on to raise some money for themselves.

Back