• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

TV Request

Spungold

New Kit
hello,
We at Spungold TV (a production company based in London, spungoldtv.com) are making a brand new, prime-time entertainment show for ITV. It is a fun loving, warm-hearted documentary about how the nation's pet owners love their pets no matter what they look like. Animal lover, Caroline Quentin (of Men Behaving Badly, Jonathon Creek fame) is the presenter and will be touring Britain to find the nation's must fabulously ugly ('fugly') pets. I wondered if anyone has a gorgeously cute, hairless, or just rare, unusual looking rabbit, and whether they would be interested in talking to me further? Please contact me on jane.glasson@spungoldtv.com for further information. Best wishes, Jane

All rabbits are beautiful and not suitable for tv entertainment purposes. Why can't you do it with people's kids. ;) :lol:

All rabbits are beautiful and not suitable for tv entertainment purposes. Why can't you do it with people's kids. ;) :lol:

Superb! I saw the original post earlier and couldn't think what to say. Not one of 'our' RU rabbits is ugly. and I'm pretty sure 'our' children are beautiful, too. Do it with actors...:lol:

Hi Jane and welcome to the forum.
This forum is set up to promote the care and understanding of rabbits as pets. To share best practice, new ideas and support members who have, or are thinking of getting, pet rabbits.
Rabbits are the third most popular pets in the Uk but the most neglected, illtreated and misunderstood. Many rabbits end their short lives alone in tiny cages, never having been able to be a proper rabbit.
Members of this forum are passionate about giving their pet the best life, and helping others to do that. There are over 68,000 unwanted rabbits in rescues at any one time.
If Caroline Quentin is indeed an animal lover, perhaps you could do a programme on rabbits and their plight. Work with the RWAF to show that sticking a rabbit in a small hutch is not good enough for a nation of animal lovers. That pet shops should educate before selling baby rabbits to families who get bored of them after one year.
The responses above show that on here we love our rabbits, but do not consider them 'ugly'. Perhaps that was an unfortunate word to use?
Thank you for your interest in the forum and good luck with your programme.
Sarah

Is it possible for a bunny to be ugly? lol
Unusual or not your standard looking rabbit, sure, but not unattractive.

I don't see a problem with a program about rabbits though. Hasn't there been members of this forum even that participated in similar things? Like I remember one member was on a program with her rabbit showcasing England's beloved pets or something like that. This sounds basically the same.

Back