• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bored rabbits

oldmcdonaldsfarm

Warren Scout
My house rabbits are clearly bored. They have tunnels, tubes boxes and hay.

they are bored and just get into trouble doing things they shouldn't.

They always end up eating the cardboard, which doesn't do them any good. so i end up taking the tubes and boxes off them.

What else can i give them?

Thanks

Can you make an activity centre from furniture?

My bed, plus a child's chair plus some boxes make a warren of tunnels under the bed plus two levels to jump on. Gets used a lot!! Then in the other room I have an ottoman and a homemade wooden box tunnel and a log bridge thing which also gives them levels and tunnels, that also gets used a lot. They totally ignore toys but they love those levels and tunnels.

Can you make an activity centre from furniture?

My bed, plus a child's chair plus some boxes make a warren of tunnels under the bed plus two levels to jump on. Gets used a lot!! Then in the other room I have an ottoman and a homemade wooden box tunnel and a log bridge thing which also gives them levels and tunnels, that also gets used a lot. They totally ignore toys but they love those levels and tunnels.

Hi,

They can go under the bed as the please. Not on top though, because they use it as a toilet.

I dont have much furniture. Dont have the most spacious flat so furniture is at a minimum to increase floor space.

I was thinking today of buying some of those plasitic draws and cutting holes inside so they could go in them and climb up the inside....what do you think?

I don't have much in my room either; wardrobe, bed, chair, bedside unit and that's about it, that's why I use what's in there. The other room is desk, bookcase, ottoman and their tunnels. I also find having fresh, yummy hay topped up regularly helps keep them out of mischief too because they spend a lot of time eating. I'm not sure I understand what you mean with the drawers, sorry! Having a bit of a dim day, :oops:

We have something like that ( the range do nice looking rainbow ones ) and I don't know if it would work, there isn't much space in one. Although the idea of a bunny filled drawer is very cute :D. You could get something bigger and cheaper from a charity shop.

Back