• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Urgent

pepperandclover

Young Bun
Right my two boys are both mounting each other and making loads of noise so I separated them but now the are thumping and trying to escape my parents are going mental

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Right my two boys are both mounting each other and making loads of noise so I separated them but now the are thumping and trying to escape my parents are going mental

If they are not neutered then they are likely to fight when they reach puberty, (the Rabbits, not your parents.........!.) They will need to be kept apart until they are both neutered and then it might be possible to re-bond them.

The thumping was/is because both Bucks are cross and frustrated. So it may be necessary to move them to entirely separate environments where they cannot see/hear or smell each other.

I am guessing your boys aren't neutered? They are possibly coming to the hormonal age where you might think about getting them castrated. Do you have a good vet and have you discussed this with him/her?

I should separate immediately, and once they are neutered, wait 4/6 weeks before even thinking of introducing them again :)

I am guessing your boys aren't neutered? They are possibly coming to the hormonal age where you might think about getting them castrated. Do you have a good vet and have you discussed this with him/her?

I should separate immediately, and once they are neutered, wait 4/6 weeks before even thinking of introducing them again :)

The problem is they are so sad when not with each other they are both trying to escape by jumping out but they can’t jump high enough I think they are going to get seriously hurt

The problem is they are so sad when not with each other they are both trying to escape by jumping out but they can’t jump high enough I think they are going to get seriously hurt

Can you keep them in separate rooms for now?

My two bucks fell out after being castrated (just after, my fault for putting them together too soon).

I separated them completely (no sight sound or smell of each other) waited a few weeks and then introduced them in a neutral area (I also added two spayed does).

They have been fine ever since and are now perfectly fine with each other.

Bucks will fight to the death so you have done the right thing by separating them.

Hope that they bond ok after a few weeks apart. Good luck.

My two bucks fell out after being castrated (just after, my fault for putting them together too soon).

I separated them completely (no sight sound or smell of each other) waited a few weeks and then introduced them in a neutral area (I also added two spayed does).

They have been fine ever since and are now perfectly fine with each other.

Bucks will fight to the death so you have done the right thing by separating them.

Hope that they bond ok after a few weeks apart. Good luck.

That's interesting tulsi, as I have heard it said on here that once bucks fall out they can never be rebonded. I've not found that to be the case either, and neither others on here, so there's always hope :)

Back