• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

House Bunny Boarding in Derby/Notts - 2 recommendations!

icklesarah

Young Bun
Hello everyone,

I hope this is the right area to post this....

We've spent the last couple of weeks visiting places for our house-bunny Toby to stay when we're away in Canadafor a month this summer. We've only been away from him once, and that was out Canada honeymoon 2 years ago when we lived closer to family - since moved 200 miles so he can't stay with his grandparents any more!!

We visited several places and I wanted to post on here to tell you about two of them that were really wonderful.

One was Bunny Hall in Ruddington, a village just south of Nottingham. Nicola has an amazing setup there... a seperate proper building with large indoor cages/hutches for the bunnies - for £13 a night you can get a 15 foot long one!! She's obviously passionate about house bunnies and has a great knowledge. We were incredibly impressed.

The other place was Willow House, in Mickleover just outside Derby. They've got a really nice setup in their summer house for 'outdoor' bunnies, but will also take one house bunny at a time in the house with their family. Their house is beautiful - my only worry was that Toby might regress a few years and try to chew their skirting boards as he used to in our old house when he was a baby!! *fingers crossed* ;) We've decided, after much discussion, to book Toby in there... he's virtually blind and think he'd appreciate the security of his own cage and being in a house with lots of individual attention, as he's used to.

We found it nigh on impossible to decide where Toby should stay for the month, but it was lovely to have a difficult decision - great to find two super bunny places less than half an hour away from us.

Hopefully my recommendations might help someone else in the area who's looking for reliable boarding for their house bunny/ies. :D

oooh thats good to know. I think the lady from Bunny Hall has recently joined here. The leaflet I've seen certainly looks good.

Sarah, thanks for the recommendations, we've been looking for somewhere good for ours for when we go away later in the year. I know BunnyHall have some good sized hutches, but do the buns also get let out for exercise time or with the hutches being large do they just stay in them all day. I'd still like mine to be able to get some fresh air wherever they go and not be locked in a hutch all day.

Nicola at Bunny Hall said that if there are no bunnies in the lower hutches they can come out to run around, but I don't think they do often if the place is very busy. She's very very careful about infections, which is I think why she doesn't have them out with bunnies in the lower cages.

I think if your buns are used to having outdoor runs, she may have some of those as well... she's also very quick at responding to email, so might be worth an ask?

The cages at Bunny Hall are a decent size (especially if you go for a 15 footer)... however, as we're away for a month we decided to go for Willow House as they were very happy to have him in the house with the full run of the family room and dining room! Since he's used to being pretty free range indoors, that works for us. :) They also have outdoor runs, although Toby's not a fan on the great outdoors... he's blind and seems gets very nervous when he goes out, I'm guessing because of unfamiliar sounds/smells...

Last edited:
Recommendation!

Hi everyone,

Further to icklesarah's recommendation, I have one of my own!

Please check out www.facebook.com/smallpawsguesthouse

I have been looking for ages to find somewhere to board my two boys as I don't like them to be stuck in a wooden hutch and have read that they shouldn't be put onto grass where others have been.

I went to have a look the other week and at the time Denise the owner was boarding 7 rabbits for someone.

The set up was amazing. She has an indoor pet room with super large pens which link together so these bunnies had the run of both. She also showed me her other room where 2 giant rabbits where living and being treated as her own house bunnies.

I haven't seen another place quite like this and I have seen loads! so check it out. Really can't recommend it enough.

Furry Friend:love::love:

Hello everyone,

I hope this is the right area to post this....

We've spent the last couple of weeks visiting places for our house-bunny Toby to stay when we're away in Canadafor a month this summer. We've only been away from him once, and that was out Canada honeymoon 2 years ago when we lived closer to family - since moved 200 miles so he can't stay with his grandparents any more!!

We visited several places and I wanted to post on here to tell you about two of them that were really wonderful.

One was Bunny Hall in Ruddington, a village just south of Nottingham. Nicola has an amazing setup there... a seperate proper building with large indoor cages/hutches for the bunnies - for £13 a night you can get a 15 foot long one!! She's obviously passionate about house bunnies and has a great knowledge. We were incredibly impressed.

The other place was Willow House, in Mickleover just outside Derby. They've got a really nice setup in their summer house for 'outdoor' bunnies, but will also take one house bunny at a time in the house with their family. Their house is beautiful - my only worry was that Toby might regress a few years and try to chew their skirting boards as he used to in our old house when he was a baby!! *fingers crossed* ;) We've decided, after much discussion, to book Toby in there... he's virtually blind and think he'd appreciate the security of his own cage and being in a house with lots of individual attention, as he's used to.

We found it nigh on impossible to decide where Toby should stay for the month, but it was lovely to have a difficult decision - great to find two super bunny places less than half an hour away from us.

Hopefully my recommendations might help someone else in the area who's looking for reliable boarding for their house bunny/ies. :D

Hi furryfriend,

It's amazing to find someone who has also used small paws guest house! Those might of been my 7 rabbits that you saw :) Denise was amazing I was quite worried with other being indoors and my rabbits are outdoor ( only boarding space I could find that had enough room for them all) but Denise easy able to turn the temperature down in that one room so it was suitable for them!

I also have a different recommendation for others:
4 little paws pet care, it's located in Chesterfield and the rabbits are kept in their own cabins ( kinda like dog kennels) thwy havr toys and litter trays veg and hay is all provided, the lady spends alot of her time with the rabbits ( it's a little expensive but the accommodation is great!)

Hi everyone,

Further to icklesarah's recommendation, I have one of my own!

Please check out www.facebook.com/smallpawsguesthouse

I have been looking for ages to find somewhere to board my two boys as I don't like them to be stuck in a wooden hutch and have read that they shouldn't be put onto grass where others have been.

I went to have a look the other week and at the time Denise the owner was boarding 7 rabbits for someone.

The set up was amazing. She has an indoor pet room with super large pens which link together so these bunnies had the run of both. She also showed me her other room where 2 giant rabbits where living and being treated as her own house bunnies.

I haven't seen another place quite like this and I have seen loads! so check it out. Really can't recommend it enough.

Furry Friend:love::love:

Hi furryfriend,

It's amazing to find someone who has also used small paws guest house! Those might of been my 7 rabbits that you saw :) Denise was amazing I was quite worried with other being indoors and my rabbits are outdoor ( only boarding space I could find that had enough room for them all) but Denise easy able to turn the temperature down in that one room so it was suitable for them!

I also have a different recommendation for others:
4 little paws pet care, it's located in Chesterfield and the rabbits are kept in their own cabins ( kinda like dog kennels) thwy havr toys and litter trays veg and hay is all provided, the lady spends alot of her time with the rabbits ( it's a little expensive but the accommodation is great!)

http://www.4littlepaws.co.uk/ :D

Back