• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What to clean house with to clear House Rabbits scent before bonded pair come back in

ThePhillips

New Kit
Some will be familiar with my story. Current house bun Iddy (girlie) will hopefully start bonding with Russ (turned into a girlie!) who is out in a hutch. Russ is being spayed this week so Russ will come in, Iddy will go into brand new hutch outside. When Russ' stitches are healed and its been a few weeks we'll start bonding and hopefully they both go back in the house. In the mean time I have time to get rid of all the unwanted chinned old cardboard and wipe everything down, wash carpets etc and reset everything as much as possible to pre-bunny times.

......BUT... what do I use to clean with thats bun safe and not unpleasant to us two-legs? I'm sure I read about White Vinegar?

When the Bun's come in my Guinea pigs will go in Iddy's old (new) hutch as their old hutch has Russ in it (the guinea's are under the stairs enjoying constant attention in a handmade sheet plastic and c&c arrangement) and whilst its a good hutch, I'll keep it for spare but Iddy's is way more spacious. Eventually the house will return to normal, whatever that is? :lol:

Back