• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

New bunny

Hello and welcome. Have a look over on the Rabbit Welfare Association's website. Everything you need to know is there! Good luck with your new Bunny.

In 5 days I'm getting my first ever bunny, is there any tips?

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Welcome :)

indoor bun or outdoors?

I think the main tips are get a pair of bonded buns
neuter (male & female)
vaccinate (myxi, rhd1 & rhd2)
plenty hay & fresh veg, fresh water always available (bowl is best rather than a bottle). only a small amount of pellets.
prepare for stress & vet bills.

Should I get another male or a female?

there's no rush and rabbits can fight quite badly when they are introduced to each other, it can be quite difficult to introduce a new one sometimes.
if this is your first rabbit I would take things one step at a time & see how things go with this first one for the time being.

- just my opinion.

good luck :)

Vaccinate and neuter (even if they are a same sex pair, they’re less at risk of cancer if they are snipped, especially Does). Plus less likely to have hormonally fuelled fights.

Just take things slow with handling. Begin with letting the rabbit sniff your hand before trying stroking or picking them up.

Plenty of hay, pellets, veggies and exercise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is Milo!
33abc4baedbd84176b8f53d29c7c9257.jpg

This is Milo!
33abc4baedbd84176b8f53d29c7c9257.jpg

Awww he's so cute!!! :D :D
How is he settling in?

Spotted you have a bottle, does he not like drinking out a bowl? I know when I got my bunny(only a few weeks ago) I discovered that a bowl is a 100times better than a bottle for rabbits [emoji33] never knew that before [emoji4]

Sent from my SM-A715F using Tapatalk

Awww he's so cute!!! :D :D
How is he settling in?

Spotted you have a bottle, does he not like drinking out a bowl? I know when I got my bunny(only a few weeks ago) I discovered that a bowl is a 100times better than a bottle for rabbits [emoji33] never knew that before [emoji4]

Sent from my SM-A715F using Tapatalk

I agree.

welcome Milo. he is gorgeous :)

Milo looks so cute, I'm sure you and Milo will have many happy years ahead,take it slow and he will start to trust you and he will soon be doing binkys

Welcome milo. He is adorable - I will be following his journey on here. I sense he is going to be a regular on here. :love:

Back