• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Flexible indoor housing

Alicia

Mama Doe
Flexible definitely isn't the right word but I've had a brain block today. Sorry for asking about indoor housing again I just don't want to buy the wrong thing, I want a play pen that I can easily change the shape of and add/remove panels and it must be tall enough that the bunnies won't escape. Does something like this exist and if it does can you point me in the right direction? I've been looking online but I'm not sure what to go for

Puppy pens are flexible and you can add another one if one is too small. They make a 4 x 4 space or 6 x 2. It's difficult to say whether a rabbit would jump out. Most rabbits wont but there is always the one who will. The puppy pens are 2' high, so not really high. Also some bunnies learn how to move them! I haven't come across anything better unless you have one made with wood and wire, like an outdoor run.

I've never used puppy pens, but if I did have to I would use an Ellie bo heavy duty one, it looks good quality and is modular so you can add panels.

I have the Ellie-bo heavy duty pen, you can buy extra panels if you need them and doors too (I have 2 doors, not really intentional but has actually been useful!). I would definitely go for one that connects with drop pins, I have another 8 panel pen but the panels are joined together with metal connectors and it’s a bit awkward to move around as well as not being as versatile. Oh another good thing about the heavy duty ones is the door - you can walk though it like a normal door whereas the cheaper ones have a square door within a panel which can be a ****** to get in and out of for humans!

This is the one I have.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B004D9Y6UO/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I used it when we first bonded the girls but I now have three panels around the herbs in the garden, four around some potted plants and one blocking access to the table from the stairs. The rest are in the under stairs cupboard.

They're a good height, the tallest I could find. The bar spacing is fairly small and they don't bend (trust me, I tried). You can easily buy two so you can create a decent indoor play area.
The larger the size the larger the panels but if you want to interlock them you need to buy the same size.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B0...dpPl=1&dpID=51IKTgrySOL&ref=plSrch&th=1&psc=1

I have two of these (don't use them indoors, but have done) they're good however my boy who loves to climb has learnt to climb the bars like a ladder... So he can get out easily now, had to put netting on top when he's outside in it. The two girls never have though.

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

Do you have any photos of it in use? I know there's photos and sizes on the website but I'm struggling to picture just how big it'll be

Do you have any photos of it in use? I know there's photos and sizes on the website but I'm struggling to picture just how big it'll be
Can maybe take some better pictures later, but I have these (please excuse the sad and slightly mouldy pumpkins haha) there's two pens next to each other if you zoom in the left one is a weird shape and wraps around the back of the right one. Might be able to see that better in second picture hope this helps :) also when connected all together it's a really good space.

5092ef7c9998e2dcfbf3ef8f2b1c8a14.jpg
58423bdba1e0065c6346b0b7b967eea7.jpg

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

Back