• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Pet sitter/bunny kennel

cheriseru

Alpha Buck
Hi everyone,

Hope this is in the right space :S

I have to go to a friends wedding end of August which means I'll be away all day and night Thursday and Friday, I'd be back the whole Saturday but then again leave Sunday morning but back Sunday evening. So I have to get someone to look after my boys for the Thursday and Friday, I've asked my friends but they're all busy and won't be able to :(

I'm in West London and found near me there's only 3 boarding services for rabbits. Boarding 1 has a great website with 'testimonials', I've sent an email a week ago and have tried to call a few times but no answer :( Boarding 2 seems to be a single person setup but seems genuine, again have emailed and called but no answer :( Boarding 3 has a very basic website, have called and spoken to a very disinterested lady saying they've got space, the rabbits get let out a few times a day for a run around and gets cleaned out once a week(!!!) apparently the boarding is at the pet shop owners house.

I've tried a few different housesitter websites but not getting any interest :( Boarding 1 looks like the most ideal but not getting any answer is making me very suspicious, but I suppose she could be busy with the pets. Boarding 3 is the only one that I've had a response from, I tried finding some reviews but all the reviews are about the pet shop and nothing about the boarding, so my gut is saying no to that one.

Anyone in West London that know of any reliable pet sitters or boarding service? Or does anyone know anything about Chiswick Pets boarding?

Have you tried asking at you vet? Sometimes the nurses offer pet sitting services, or know someone who does.

Have you asked ARC Twickenham if they know of anyone?
ARC Emily does bunny boarding. We left our rabbits there recently.
Thanks both :) I ended up having a long chat with the boarder at Chiswick Pets and she seems to know what she's doing and the boarding area looks ok so have booked with them. Now just to get over anxiety of not being with my boys for 5 days [emoji3064]

Sent from my SM-A715F using Tapatalk

I'm sure they will be fine, and the boarder can give you regular updates while you are away. Glad you got something sorted xx

Back