• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

River

RubyTed

Wise Old Thumper
I went outside with Oliver to feed River her breakfast.

She was lying in the middle of the playhouse with a distended stomach. :cry::cry: I think it was bloat. She was cold when I felt her. :( She was fine yesterday when I put her away and gave her supper. Ol's really upset and doesn't understand why....I don't understand why.

Binky Free River, darling bun. We're going to miss you so much!

Thank you.

I've had a cry in the kitchen after telling Ol I was going to do the washing up. I'm now having a cuddle with my boys, trying to hold it together for Ol's sake.

She was such a lovely bun!! :cry:

Oh my god ali - I am so so sorry. She was such a gorgeous bun. What on earth can have happened? Had she eaten her food? The distended stomach does sound like bloat. So so sad.

Oh my god ali - I am so so sorry. She was such a gorgeous bun. What on earth can have happened? Had she eaten her food? The distended stomach does sound like bloat. So so sad.

She'd eaten her supper.

I did a full clean out yesterday. Maybe something was in the hay. I gave her a willow ball on Monday...

She'd eaten her supper.

I did a full clean out yesterday. Maybe something was in the hay. I gave her a willow ball on Monday...

It's not a nice thing to think about Ali but would you consider having a PM done to find out why? I know it won't bring her back :( but sometimes it can help if we have answers xxxx

She'd eaten her supper.

could it have been a blockage then? Practically the only thing I know of to cause swelling and death that quickly . . Sadly if it happens overnight the bun can have passed away before the morning. We were so lucky with Willow that it happened during the early hours of the day.

Every time I see Beanflower I think of River as they seemed (to me) so alike.

Back