• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Pair of mucky bums

Orenoko

Mama Doe
Not sure what I've fed my two but they've both developed dirty bums today. I've given critical care which they wolfed down and have cleaned them both with baby wipes/done a trim around their bums. Hoping it's nothing more serious, they've had nothing different that I can think of but will cut out veg for a couple of days to be safe.

My vet is always so busy that if I try to book an appointment they'll probably be better before they go! Last time Rupert had stasis we had to go to the emergency vet so I'm really hoping that's not needed today.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Sending your pair vibes. Stress?
It shouldn't be, nothing has changed recently. Maybe a dodgy bit of veg? They're both happy in themselves so going to continue with the critical care tonight just to be safe.

Possibly, usually if they hear something they don't like there will be a lot of running about and thumping but you never know with bunnies, they're so good at hiding things!

Little update, no more evidence of any mucky bums this morning. They've had some dried dandelion leaf, critical care and a hay cookie. Both of them are up to no good and seem really happy in themselves, jumping on the sofa, getting in the way of my morning yoga! I'll steer clear of veg today and only give a small amount tomorrow just to see how they are. I'm at work all day tomorrow so would rather not risk it.

I'm glad there's been no more mucky bums today and that they're happy and up to no good. :love: Hopefully it was just a one-time thing, though being careful with their veggies for a bit sounds like a good idea.

that's great news ! sounds like a sensible plan with the veggies. Think they were just keeping you on your toes really :D

Back