• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

When to bond

Bumblebea

New Kit
Hi

I have just had my male/female rabbits neutered and spayed. Since being separated at 10 weeks they have lived side by side separated by chicken wire so they can see and angel each other, they are currently inside recovering and can still see/smell each other.

My question is when is the best time to bond after their surgeries?

Also as a side note if I manage to successfully bond them in the neutral area 🤞🏻 how do we then go from that to their outdoor enclosure (shed where my male previously lived, has been very thoroughly cleaned and will have been empty for minimum 2 weeks)/, will the remain bonded or will the change of scenery cause upset?

I would allow 2-3 weeks for the female to have recovered from her spay, the boy will be fine also. Can you put them straight into their outdoor accommodation, to bond them? They should be fine and if you start early in the morning you will have a very good idea as to how they are getting on by evening. If there is a lot of chasing you can separate them overnight so everyone gets a rest. But usually they don't need separating.

I would allow 2-3 weeks for the female to have recovered from her spay, the boy will be fine also. Can you put them straight into their outdoor accommodation, to bond them? They should be fine and if you start early in the morning you will have a very good idea as to how they are getting on by evening. If there is a lot of chasing you can separate them overnight so everyone gets a rest. But usually they don't need separating.

Thank you! Yes, could definitely do it outside, I was worried as it's not necessarily neutral. That's great advice thank you! X

Back