• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hello All! Quick question about my bunnys breed if anyone can help? :)

380570_2789921905830_1191811836_3156922_268956810_n.jpg
Hi everyone! Not sure if this is the right place to post this I did look for a thread for 'breeds' and couldn't find one, so sorry if this is in the wrong place I just didn't want to clog up the site with the thread! anyways I have had my bun for just over 12 months now but when I got her the lady who sold her to me couldn't tell me her breed, I have no clue after looking up pictures on the internet and reading information so I thought I'd ask on here. I am getting my bun spayed this Monday coming and the vet asked me her breed which is why I'm now keen to know. I have included a photo of Gracie if anyone can help I would appreciate it, thank you!

Hi welcome to the forum :wave:

People more knowlegeable than I will be able to help but I would say that Gracie is a "crossbreed" in other words she could be a mixture of anything :) but as she has 'uppy' ears you can say she's definitely not a lop :D

Gracie is lovely by the way :love:

A very pretty bunny....large ears.
A cross breed for sure, but what,I couldnt say.
xxx

Thanks for your replies! yeah she is definetly not a lop hehe :) She looks more like what a wild rabbit would look like to me, the vet may be able to have an idea on Monday though :) thanks! xxxxxx

She is lovely! And yes, a crossbreed like most rabbits, she is likely a mix of many many breeds. Even with rabbits that look like they are one easily identifiable breed (e.g dwarf lop or lionhead), if you looked back at their genetic line you'd likely find all sorts in there.

The markings of the orangey colour around her eyes, nose, feet etc I believe are called Otter, although they arent very distinct.

Such a pretty girly :)

Back