• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My brave, brave Alfie

JemimaH

Warren Veteran
My brave little Alfie died peacefully this evening.

I could write for hours on him; his quirks, the way he would nip at your ankles to hurry up his dinner, or fall asleep when you stroked his forehead, or even the little bunny on his face. But I'll keep it short, for everyone's sake...

Every day with him was a privilege. He was such a character and could turn the unhappiest of moods around. All it would take was him scampering up to the front of his little house under the stairs and you'd be smiling. I had never anticipated he would still be alive six-and-a-half years after contracting E.Cuniculi at 5 weeks old. That was, I guess, the start of his problems - and boy, did he have problems! I have lost count of the amount of times I thought I'd lose him. I always thought I'd deliberate and question whether making that decision was right, but, as it happened, he made it for me. After ten days of luxury holidaying at the vets which had become his second home, his little body gave up all of a sudden. I showered him with love and kisses, told him how brave he was and how much I loved him. He then slipped away in the arms of his favourite veterinary nurse, six years and seven months after he came into this world.

He has seen me through some very tough times over the last six years, and was more than 'just' a rabbit. He was my little confidante, my chum, my buddy. His death has left a huge hole in my heart, and I miss him so much already.

Last edited:
Sorry to hear about Alfie, I wrote down everything I could about Batman when he passed such as how soft his fur was and when I really miss him and I read it it makes me remember all the little things you tend to forget over time and it feels like I'm back there stroking him right next to me. I definitely suggest it. Rip Alfie, your mummy loves you x

My brave little Alfie died peacefully this evening.

I could write for hours on him; his quirks, the way he would nip at your ankles to hurry up his dinner, or fall asleep when you stroked his forehead, or even the little bunny on his face. But I'll keep it short, for everyone's sake...

Every day with him was a privilege. He was such a character and could turn the unhappiest of moods around. All it would take was him scampering up to the front of his little house under the stairs and you'd be smiling. I had never anticipated he would still be alive six-and-a-half years after contracting E.Cuniculi at 5 weeks old. That was, I guess, the start of his problems - and boy, did he have problems! I have lost count of the amount of times I thought I'd lose him. I always thought I'd deliberate and question whether making that decision was right, but, as it happened, he made it for me. After ten days of luxury holidaying at the vets which had become his second home, his little body gave up all of a sudden. I showered him with love and kisses, told him how brave he was and how much I loved him. He then slipped away in the arms of his favourite veterinary nurse, six years and seven months after he came into this world.

He has seen me through some very tough times over the last six years, and was more than 'just' a rabbit. He was my little confidante, my chum, my buddy. His death has left a huge hole in my heart, and I miss him so much already.

I am so very sorry to hear this :(

Run free Alfie, and hugs for you xx

I'm so very sorry to hear this sad news. I will always remember Alfie and his sweet little "bunny". R.I.P. brave little Alfie xxxxx

Oh goodness I am really sorry to read of little Alfie's passing :cry:

I always find this quote from 'Winnie the Pooh' comforting so I thought I would share it here

ZYy4lke.jpg

RIP Alfie xx

I'm so so sorry, he was always one of my favorites on here and loved seeing posts about him.

Sending lots of hugs to you, and binky free gorgeous little Alfie xx

Thank you everyone. It’s very strange coming in from work and not seeing his little face. :( will take a while to get used to it I think. But I know it was the right thing for him, so that does make it a little easier.

So sorry for your loss!! It really does sound like you gave him the best life he could have possibly had so try not to be sad but think of the difference you made to that one special bunny and how happy he was with you as his hero! Any bun would be lucky to have you 💜

I'm so very sorry to hear about Alfie :cry:
There really is no other experience like seeing bunny ears, nose and gaze pointed your way when walking through the door. I miss my 3 so very much, I can empathize.

Thinking of you and sending hugs your way. Sleep well, Alfie. xxxxxxx

Back