• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Young girls very timid!

kim43

New Kit
I got 2, 5 month old sisters only 3 days ago. They came from a lady who seemed to be an animal hoarder and have not been handled much if at all. My question is, will they calm down and become friendly??
I know all the usual advise about not picking them up or forcing the issue and we are doing all that. They are in the kitchen so are near us all the time. I have had many many bunnies over the years but havent had ones this young for a long time and cant remember if they calm down much as they get older.
I will be getting them spayed as soon as they are old enough. I'm just hoping they become a bit friendlier as I admit to struggling to bond with them. They are not like other buns I've had, who have without exception been wonderful.
P.s they have been vet checked and she found no problems.
Any opinions greatly appreciated.

hopefully if you are keeping them indoors they will get used to human company, my outdoor bunnies were extremely nervous when I got them from the rspca but are now much more confident :thumb:

3 days is not a long time for bunnies to settle in and relax. I expect one will be the more dominant of the pair and might chase the other now and then just to reinforce her position. Everything will be new to them so by the time they are feeling more "at home" they will be old enough to be neutered. :)

Back