• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Will rabbits use a cat bed

Mole

Young Bun
hi i dont know what section to put this in but will my 2 buns use an cat bed (one with a roof) if i put heat pads in there? (there not sparyed so will they wee to sent mark in there?)

I dont think heat pads are necessary (unless you're in Alaska). I think you should assume that the rabbits will use it as a litter tray tho, sorry, so best not unless it's easily washed.

My two have a small soft dog bed. Muppet was quite happy that it was a bed, not a litter tray. Sooty thinks it's a litter tray though... :roll:

(I'm assuming you mean a soft bed, that goes indoors, rather than something substantial for use outdoors.)

mine have several beds some with roofs some without mine dont poop in roof ones but did when put one without roof into hutch. I find biggest problem is digging so you would have to watch for this as mine tend to eat the fluffing.
They went over year with this one but have now started to bite it.

I put a bed (dog one I think, no cover) in my bunn's new enclosure with a towel but the past few days thdy've just been moving it so that they can sprawl on the floor there. They didn't really poo or wee in it much. I've moved it back under a chair so when they're out they can use it, like they did before the new enclosure.

Back