• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Why is my buck who is larger so submissive?

AriaSwan

Warren Scout
In bonding, when I let the two "date" teh baby is all over him, nipping and humping, and immediately when she hops over he stretches out and lays his head on the ground. He'll put up with it unless she humps his face or nips too hard, then he'll hop away. He never tries to hurt to even scold her though. He stamped once but that's it. Is there any way I could make him just a bit more aggressive, at least so he can stand up for himself? Is nipping okay too? She is pulling his fur, not biting the skin, and they will both flop out and things seem to be going good, but then he hops over and starts nipping again.

In bonding, when I let the two "date" teh baby is all over him, nipping and humping, and immediately when she hops over he stretches out and lays his head on the ground. He'll put up with it unless she humps his face or nips too hard, then he'll hop away. He never tries to hurt to even scold her though. He stamped once but that's it. Is there any way I could make him just a bit more aggressive, at least so he can stand up for himself? Is nipping okay too? She is pulling his fur, not biting the skin, and they will both flop out and things seem to be going good, but then he hops over and starts nipping again.

you dont want them to change roles, you certainly dont want him 'aggressive' :? . Not all males are the dominant ones, infact i've been told often the does are more dominant. Nipping/Fur pulling/humping is all good - just be careful of head humping as genitals can be bitten which would be very sore and may require a vet visit.

Whats happening sounds perfect :)

I find that boys are mostly big softies much of the time. I find my big rabbit Dillan gets bossed about by Sally who's a mini lop. He doesn't seem to mind most of the time and just puts up with her. There's maybe a rare ocassion when he will give her a chasing if she gets on his nerves.

Helen xx

It's because your boy is neutered and your girl isn't.

:thumb:

He also obviously has a laid back personality which is also impacting on this.

Her behaviour is very hormonal from the sounds of it and probably when she is spayed, the bond will go very differently.

Out of my two pairs in both cases it is the smaller bun who is the dominant one and in one of the pairs it is the male dominant and the other pair the female. Don't worry about sizes or sexes. As long as one is dominant and the other submissive you have a good mix.

you dont want them to change roles, you certainly dont want him 'aggressive' :? . Not all males are the dominant ones, infact i've been told often the does are more dominant. Nipping/Fur pulling/humping is all good - just be careful of head humping as genitals can be bitten which would be very sore and may require a vet visit.

Whats happening sounds perfect :)

Thank you!!!

Back