• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Where do all these rescue bunnies come from ????????

I do wonder how many strays really are strays though, rather than people saying they found a rabbit straying because they think it's an easy way to jump the waiting list, whereas actually it was their pet. Of course some of them will be genuine strays where people have "set them free" but I bet a lot of them aren't really!

I do wonder how many strays really are strays though, rather than people saying they found a rabbit straying because they think it's an easy way to jump the waiting list, whereas actually it was their pet. Of course some of them will be genuine strays where people have "set them free" but I bet a lot of them aren't really!

yes there are times when people know rather to much about the rabbit they have just *found* . Some people do lie .

I ended up with Radagast (the naked rat) because somebody said they had found him outside. In winter? I highly doubt he would have survived more than a few hours in the "wild" and he was certainly in very good condition for a rat that had been living wild for more than a few hours ad was very, very tame.

More likely the people who "found" him didn't want him anymore and so made up the story to get rid of him. :( They didn't even bother to take him to a rescue and took him to the vets in a tissue box. :? :( I don't understand why people take animals to the vets to get rid of them? Are they hoping the vets will just suggest putting them down or what?

I'm surprised at the number of unwanted litters. Perhaps that should be something to tackle next for awareness in general. Most of the awareness posters I see are for how long rabbits live and that they're not good children's pets etc...

Lopsy's an unwanted child's pet :) I ain't saying his situation with us is perfect but he's well-cared for :) I have to say, I'm surprised by the number of litters: any literature on bunnies says they have A LOT of babies! Maybe we need more dead/poorly baby bunny pictures in things like magazines and online material, to put people off? Legislation sounds good but a hard lesson in 'this is what you've done' can work wonders.

Back