• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What can I do? Lost :(

Rimmi is here safe and well at The Rabbit Crossing

Just a little update folks.

Rimmi arrived yesterday on a bunny run up from Windwhistle. Alice kindly facilitated a handover at hers. I had sent her two young female bunnies that needed rescue space as a present and the lady who drove them down was kind enough to bring Rimmi up for me and a guinea pig for a fellow rescuer.

There was never a problem with Rimmi coming here - the only issue was trying to sort out his travel arrangements. I have known of Rimmi since he was tiny so jumped at the chance to help him here, just that the first two attempts to get him up didn't work out. The third one did.

I am hoping that he will join one of my permanent resident groups of nethies. I began to bond him last night.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.914652168578511.1073741985.224203434290058&type=1

Just read through this thread, very happy to see the outcome. What an amazing bun, and your rescue looks lovely. I would very much like a nethie pair in the future so will remember your rescue.

Lovely pictures on your facebook.

Just a little update folks.

Rimmi arrived yesterday on a bunny run up from Windwhistle. Alice kindly facilitated a handover at hers. I had sent her two young female bunnies that needed rescue space as a present and the lady who drove them down was kind enough to bring Rimmi up for me and a guinea pig for a fellow rescuer.

There was never a problem with Rimmi coming here - the only issue was trying to sort out his travel arrangements. I have known of Rimmi since he was tiny so jumped at the chance to help him here, just that the first two attempts to get him up didn't work out. The third one did.

I am hoping that he will join one of my permanent resident groups of nethies. I began to bond him last night.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.914652168578511.1073741985.224203434290058&type=1

Great news :D

Great ending :wave:

Odd that OldFlame never mentioned and kept everyone guessing though - saying he couldn't go to the rescue :?

What fantastic news! I glad he got there safe and well, and that his mummy is no longer worrying about his future any more. He looks very happy in his wonderful new home...lucky bun! :love: :love: :love:

It was a matter of strained communication - The Dutchess has had a strained fortnight and I've not exactly taken the decisions about Rimmi lightly.

It's too easy for other people to glance and judge.

Trust me, if I didn't care about Rimmi with all my heart, I would have let him sulk in his cage alone and unhappy to save my own pride. I'm the biggest loser in this situation. I've practically lost both my bunnies in such a short and unexpected time. :( I've not been rabbit less for over 10 years.

It was a matter of strained communication - The Dutchess has had a strained fortnight and I've not exactly taken the decisions about Rimmi lightly.

Trust me, if I didn't care about Rimmi with all my heart, I would have let him sulk in his cage alone and unhappy to save my own pride. I'm the biggest loser in this situation. I've practically lost both my bunnies in such a short and unexpected time. :( I've not been rabbit less for over 10 years.

You dont have to explain yourself to anyone on here. It must have been a very hard decision to rehome Rimmi. When emotions are running high misunderstandings can easily occur. You have put Rimmi's needs before your own need to have him with you. It is no small deal to be 'Rabbitless' after many years of caring for these precious little souls.

I am sure that Rimmi will be very happy in his new home and I expect he'll soon find a Rabbit friend/friends to interact with. I expect you will be able to have an update about him from time to time.

I hope you are not put off from keeping in touch with RU should you want to in the future. There are long time members who may no longer have Rabbits but they remain part of the RU community. Even if that's just behind the scenes in 'lurk mode' !!

Exactly what Jane said :-D
I remember Rimmi and Winter and know how much they were loved. So glad you've given Rimmi this wonderful opportunity. Xx

I think you made the hardest decision. And I shall just send you hugs.

From The Duchess' facebook, it looks like he's joining a herd of grouchy nethies, so I'm sure he's going to be more than fine.

x

No one on here is judging you, I'm sure :wave:

When you mentioned putting him to sleep instead of taking him to rescue, you can understand people just wanted to help - and they did!

Your story has a happy ending for Rimmi, and his welfare is the most important consideration. I'm glad Duchess can take him and all has ended well.

Good luck and best wishes for yourself for the future :D

Hope he is happy and bonds into the group :love:

I for one have found myself in a situation where I need to find a new home for Bee not through my choice and it's breaking my heart so I for one won't judge. I agree wholeheartedly with Jane aboves post :)

Hope we will still get updates on Rimmi

Back