• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Weird bunnies

a reader of books

Warren Veteran
Tell me about weird things your bunnies do?

When I'm petting Sophie and there's food nearby, she always starts eating. I think being petted makes her hungry?

Casper often thumps and grunts while he's binkying, as if he disapproves of his own happiness.

I don’t have bunnies any more but what did strike me as weird was that the hay that had been in the litter tray, uneaten, suddenly became edible once I was cleaning into a bin bag :lol:

I don’t have bunnies any more but what did strike me as weird was that the hay that had been in the litter tray, uneaten, suddenly became edible once I was cleaning into a bin bag :lol:

Yes, same here!
Harry also turns his back on me, when we go away he seems to know and turns his back on me,obviously annoyed we are going away :lol:

Tell me about weird things your bunnies do?

When I'm petting Sophie and there's food nearby, she always starts eating. I think being petted makes her hungry?

Casper often thumps and grunts while he's binkying, as if he disapproves of his own happiness.

this made me laugh so much, what a funny little man.

I have similar weirdness going on but Eddy provides the binkies - over, around and on top of poor Boo, while she does the grunting. Bob has heard Eddy grunt binkying - I havent - & we thought maybe he was just joining in

Mine do the unedible hay suddenly being the only hay they want as I try to clean them out!

Both of mine like to sit and stare at me a lot. It's a bit unnerving being constantly stared at. It's like they're trying to work out what sort of creature I am.

Fudgie is also a bit of a voyeur. She often follows me into the loo or comes into the bedroom when I'm getting dressed.

Fudgie: What are you doing?
Me: Hey Fudgie. I'm just having a tinkle/putting on my day/night fur.
Fudgie: Ok, bye.

Scipio has a very useful weird habit. He does his own pedicures. I thought I was seeing things the first time he did. Surely I couldn't be that lucky. But everytime I've checked his nails they've been nice and short. I've only ever had to cut his nails once. Would be really handy if he could do Fudgie's as well.

Thank you for telling me about your weird bunnies, everyone. :love: Isn't it funny how the most tasty hay is the hay that is about to be thrown out? That happens here, too. :lol:

And, aw, Harry doesn't want you to leave, olices! :lol:

J&B, that's so cute that Eddy binkies all over Boo. :love: I can understand why it makes Boo grunt at him, though. :lol: But then he grunts along with her! That's adorable. :lol:

SLH, I'd be a bit unnerved being stared at like that, too! :shock: Fudgie the voyeur made me laugh. :lol: I've never heard of a bunny doing their own pedicures before! What a special bunny Scipio is. That would be very handy if he could do Fudgie's nails as well, yes.

ha ha - Fudgie sounds a right laugh. I refer to our clothes as fur too.

I know what you mean about the staring. Naturally I'm off the hook with Boo. I'm used to rabbits ignoring me or looking at me expectantly for food. Eddy seems to just analyse!

One of Boo's habits is to go over to the wall & sit with her back to everything. Probably just because she is blind but it really looks like she has put herself in the naughty corner

All bunny poo and wee soaked hay got picked over from the muck pile in the wood by the goats. Some of the seeds have grown into grass :love:

Amber and Zorro also eat the hay as I am sweeping it up.
Amber and Zorro will come to me if I am sitting on the floor to eat pellets and get pets. Yet they run away if I am standing up. They come to may spouse when he is standing up so they know I am going to take them to my chair for grooming and they like the grooming, yet do not like having their feet off the ground for the few seconds they are being moved.
Amber watches the tele. She likes shows with action.
Raven only allows me in his area, and he lets me pick him up, yet he is possessive of his litter box, though not his food bowl. Every day I have to hold him in one arm while I pick up his litterbox with the other unless my spouse is able to remove his box while I hold him.. He also uses his litterbox as his hideout when I have his meds.
Heidi lets my spouse give her head and nose pets as she eats her morning pellets.
If one stomps, others join in-bunny telegraph.

Last edited:
Amber and Zorro also eat the hay as I am sweeping it up.
Amber and Zorro will come to me if I am sitting on the floor to eat pellets and get pets. Yet they run away if I am standing up. They come to may spouse when he is standing up so they know I am going to take them to my chair for grooming and they like the grooming, yet do not like having their feet off the ground for the few seconds they are being moved.
Amber watches the tele. She likes shows with action.
Raven only allows me in his area, and he lets me pick him up, yet he is possessive of his litter box, though not his food bowl. Every day I have to hold him in one arm while I pick up his litterbox with the other unless my spouse is able to remove his box while I hold him.. He also uses his litterbox as his hideout when I have his meds.
Heidi lets my spouse give her head and nose pets as she eats her morning pellets.
If one stomps, others join in-bunny telegraph.
Awww, your bunnies have so much character. :love: I especially like Amber enjoying action shows. :lol:

Back