• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

wasp nest in hutch and bunny has given birth !

cakey face

Young Bun
Hi im very worried...my foster bun gave birth overnight and shes covered them nicely with her fur. However ive gone out there this evening to discover the start of a wasps nest right above the nest on the roof of the hutch. Not sure what to do. Can the babies and bunny get stung? I cant call the wasp people in as they will have to use chemicals and obviously shes built a nest and i dont want to stress or panic the mum too. Im a bit panicky so any advice would be great?
Emma

I believe that there are ways to get rid of them without using chemicals. It's probably best to call in professionals and see what they can suggest. It might be that you have to disturb the nest for their own good to keep them away from the wasps while they get moved on.

Not good I found one in my summer house fortunately my buns haven't moved in yet so I called the wasp man and managed to kill it myself :)

If I was you I'd call the wasp man and ask advice first tell them about he bunnies they may have another solution before it gets bigger and the workers hatch :shock:

Good luck

Back