• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Vibes for Athena please?-UD post 53: all clear?! Here's hoping!

Sending more vibes for Athena and hope this will be behind her and she can get on with her life xx

Athena is home. :love:

I've given her some more foraged things as she loves the stuff. She's eating her way through it as I type. Gorgeous girl is happy to be home. :)

Now to hope she continues to recover from anaesthesia. And of course, not develop any more abscesses. :)

Athena is home. :love:

I've given her some more foraged things as she loves the stuff. She's eating her way through it as I type. Gorgeous girl is happy to be home. :)

Now to hope she continues to recover from anaesthesia. And of course, not develop any more abscesses. :)

Yes I hope she recovers well, and no more nasty surprises!

Great news, well done for helping her and well done to Athena for being a feisty rabbit. I hope she makes a good recovery x

Athena is still doing well and requires so much energy and ingenuity to keep up with. She keeps getting the cone of shame off (who can blame her?) and I keep having to find new ways to get it on her. I think she's fed up of both the cone and being shut up in a small space. Check up in the morning. Fingers crossed they are happy with her...

Athena is still doing well and requires so much energy and ingenuity to keep up with. She keeps getting the cone of shame off (who can blame her?) and I keep having to find new ways to get it on her. I think she's fed up of both the cone and being shut up in a small space. Check up in the morning. Fingers crossed they are happy with her...

Oooh yes fingers crossed that the cone of shame can be left in the hall of shame (or vets of shame :lol:)

The appointment didn't go as well as we could have hoped. The surgery site is still inflamed, so the cone of shame remains. She remains on Metacam and Baytril til next Friday now. And, I have to swab the site with a lovely pink fluid to try and get all of this under control. Next check up is on Monday.

I am so sorry to hear this, but she is young and hopefully can get better. Sending her special recovery vibes xx

Back from check up #2. Athena is doing better than previously - a lot less red and sore looking. But more itchy, presumably - especially as she's managing to get the cone of shame off even with a makeshift harness on! I'll have to work on my attaching skills as she has to wear it for ANOTHER week. :( I feel so sorry for my poor little munchkin - and empathise too! My scar from brain surgery still itches 3 years on. :shock:

She's on metacam and baytril for another week, and will have a check up again next Monday. Poor munchkin. Still, at least the scar is looking better and she's allowed some supervised freedom now. :)

Also, Athena astounded the vet. I brought some dandelions with me and offered them to her after she'd had her stomach poked and prodded. She ate all five of them immediately at the examination table. The vet couldn't believe that my girl would feel chill enough to eat. Athena, always acts with her stomach first. :p

That sounds really promising. Mine would never eat on a Vet's table! Hope she continues to heal now and be back to normal soon.

Had an appointment this evening. Everything is looking and feeling beautiful. The cone of shame is gone - much to Athena's delight! - and she is allowed to free range again.

I am going to take her for a check up again in 3 months because provided she is still clear of abscess, then it can be removed from her insurance exclusion. Of course if anything untoward looks and feels like it is happening she will be back sooner.

regardless, it feels like a huge weight has been lifted tonight. :)

Back