• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

VetPet Rabbit Diet

georgie_f

Mama Doe
Does anyone use this stuff?

http://www.vetuk.co.uk/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=4070

I noticed my vets stock it and it's cheaper than Excell pellets.

Just haven't heard anyone talking about it - Is it any good?

I was giving my buns muesli but decided to change them onto pellets after being told they're much better. I'm in a bit of a quandry though as a 20kg bag of muesli cost me £10 but a 10kg bag of Excell is costing me £15. :shock: Money's a bit tight so if I can get this PetVet food a little cheaper it will help a little bit. :)

Never heard of it. But I notice it's only 16% fibre which is certainly not the highest on the market. I'm sure it's better than museli though.

Allan and Page rabbit food is around the cheapest on the market and it's a decent pellet too.

I have been trialling it for my vets and the buns find it very palatable. I'd not buy it but I have been mixing it in with A and P and Science and it's not caused any issues. Personally I prefer a chopped hay pellet like A and P or Oxbow rather than extruded. But first choice for an extruded pellet is Science.

Oh ok, I figured as the vet stocked it, it would be better! :lol:

If Excell is better, I'll stick with that. It's only a pound more a bag, I don't think it's going to totally wipe my bank account :roll::lol:

Ideally, I'd like to give them Science Selective but my local petshop charges £24 for a 10kg bag of that. :shock: Better beg my boss for more hours! ;)

Back