• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Very sad update on Poppy-the cruelty case rabbit

So sad, I'm really sorry. That video is lovely, she obviously trusted you and felt cared for. Sleep tight poppy

I am so very sorry you lost Poppy.

I remember so clearly working as a volunteer at the Mayhew Animal Home in London, and we rescued a rabbit who was being kept in the stairway of a council block and people just fed him as and when. We were delighted to get ahold of him and promised him a bright new future. Our hearts were broken in two when he only survived two and a half weeks. Why oh why?

As you said, the frailty of Poppy's body couldn't last any longer. I'm so glad you gave her a name :love:

You know that you did what most humans would never have bothered to do. You rescued her. You saved her and you gave her a bed of kindness and compassion on which to end her life. I can't thank you enough for that and I'm sure Poppy feels the same xxxx

Last edited:
She passed knowing and feeling loved by you. Bless your heart, I hope you're ok. Binky free lovely Poppy. Xx

Thank you for all you kind words, it really is lovely. I will get a nice picture of Poppy put into a frame, it only seems right that someone remembers her properly.

Im so sorry you lost Poppy.
Rest now little one.You were surrounded by such love and kindness,Im so glad you were able to experience that for awhile.x

I am so sorry that you have lost Poppy. Sleep tight little one.

Sometimes it seems that a bun just hangs on maybe in the hope of life improving. And then when they feel safe and loved they are able to let go. I know this is of no consolation to you. Thank you for giving Poppy a few days of happiness xx

Back