• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

U/D as to why Buster, Paddington, Pippa and Marmalade died.

I've taken the drastic action of putting my house for sale because I can't ever envisage a time when I can walk into Buster's and Paddington's room and not feel this awful dark heavy weight in my heart. I've tried moving my buns around but it feels disrespectful to them and it doesn't help anyway, because they are still missing. I wondered if a new house where they didn't live might be a starting point for me. I never wanted to move and love my rabbit warren of a house, but I've got to do something but can't think of anything else.

They have booked a driver to take Buster's body to my vets so that he can have a private cremation. Would I be able to see him or should I not. He's been in storage since July 3rd and had a post mortem for them to find nothing. I just don't no what to do anymore.

The rspca do so much good and 3 of my fab buns are from them. I can't and don't hate them because they do so much good, but then when these 'blips' shall we say happen, well, how and why does it happen, what's the point to it, and they then appear to go against everything in my eyes that they stand for and work hard to achieve and just nothing makes sense.

In some ways I wish I had done something wrong and been prosecuted, because that would have been a reason and made sense. But I'm just trapped now in this desolate, desperately sad world that just confuses me now.

Their attitude to me has changed completely, and they are being really nice and got me some of Buster's fur, and driving him to my vets. I spoke to Simon today and he is going to take extra special care of Buster for me, and let me no when he arrives, and he will then go to Lawnhill, and then my friend and myself are going to take him to church and give him a little service and eat rich tea biscuits in his memory.

I'm just so confused, upset and still almost in shock. I'm always such a happy, confident, out going person, but I look in the mirror, and this pale really sad stranger looks back at me. I don't know her and I definantly don't like her.

Last edited:
The ammended insurance policy arrived today, but it's unopened in the drawer, as just can't cope with seeing only 5 names on it now.

Sorry for all the rambling but my head is such a mess.

Thank you so much everyone for posting on this thread, because even those that may have doubts about me, you've still acknowledged their passing, and that means a lot x

Last edited:
The ammended insurance policy arrived today, but it's unopened in the drawer, as just can't cope with seeing only 5 names on it now.

Sorry for all the rambling but my head is such a mess.

Thank you so much everyone for posting on this thread, because even those that may have doubts about me, you've still acknowledged their passing, and that means a lot x

Last week was the first gotcha day for Blueberry & Badger... Badger passed a away in April & the insurance documents for the next year arrived on the anniversary of me bringing them home. Seeing just two names on the policy & not three was heart breaking especially with the date it arrived. So I totally understand how you're feeling with that :cry:

Sending hugs xx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My thoughts are with you at this most difficult time, Sending loads of healing vibes to you and your remaining 5 Buns I hope you can find the strength to see you and yours through this and manage to do right thing for you all.

Last edited:
Not sure how I missed this post, but not always on here.

I know what you're saying is the truth since you told me about it from day one.

I hope you eventually find peace after all this awful upset. Please don't do anything hasty that you may regret later. I hope the counselling helps and that Violet is behaving herself!

xx

Thankfully the RSPCA did do as they promised, and arranged for Buster to be driven to my vet in Northampton, and Buster has now had a private cremation.

Haven't been able to progress any further forward on my case against them, because 6 weeks later, we are still waiting to receive boarding records, all veterinary notes and a copy of the post mortem.

Of course, when everything is received, I will then be able to prove that Buster, Paddington, Pippa and Marmalade didn't have the 'fake' illnesses they were pts for, and the solicitor feels that this is exactly the reason why they are dragging their heels so much.

Ideally, I would like something positive to come out of this, and I don't really want to give negative interviews to the media. In some respects this could be seen as totally justified because of what happened, but I now know that all this previous bad publicityhas caused the number of donations and adoptions to fall, that will then no doubt impact on the animals in their care, and hoping to find new homes.

On the other hand though, it feels like to many much loved family pets are being lost in horrible circumstances, away from those the pet knows and loves, and maybe things should be reveiwed and new policies and procedures implemented to get the rspca's focus back on where it should be, as I do feel that in some areas it has lost it's way, and maybe they need to look at those heading the organisation as to why that is happening.

There is currently in Northampton in a pet shop, a baby rabbit that now only has one leg because it's mother has eaten the other 3 legs, and killed the rest of the litter. A friend contacted the rspca who have refused to go out to it because it has food, water and shelter!! But doesn't that imply that animals can be abused and treated really badly, but as long as they indure this tortune in a home, with food and water provided, that they wouldn't be looking to get involved. I hope you can see now what I mean about it possibly having lost sight on occassions of what it was originally set up to do.

Just going of my post a bit, but what do people think about this particular little baby bun? Could it possibly have any quality of life, or would the kindest thing be to purchase it and then pts?

I just hope we can work together, and that valuable lessons can be learnt, and incidents such as mine, not be repeated.

Last edited:
I read about this bun on FB too. So sad :cry: With only 1 leg it would not have had any quality of life at all so I agree with the pts decision :cry:

Back