• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Two Tiny Shetland Ponies :-(

Tuckerbunnies

Wise Old Thumper
Who belonged to the Irish Tinkers that took up residency in the middle of the night 4 years ago in a beautiful field in front of my Sisters home. Not content with killing most of the wild rabbit and brown hares that were in that area they have let their horses and dogs ( two were shot by a farmer after attacking his sheep) run wild and often they get on to the busy road in front of my Sister's home.

My Sister and her Husband have complained endlessly about the animals being loose to the RSPCA and Police as they said an accident was going to happen causing the death of the animal or worse a serious car accident killing people.

Well today two of their shetland ponies that must have been wondering on the road have been sadly killed. So Thank you to the all the authorities that they have complained to who did nothing!!!!!!

My Sister is in a terrible state as this happened in front of her home. :cry:

Gallop free at the Bridge little ones you are no doubt better in that place than the one here, sorry humans let you down. :cry:

Oh that is such an awful thing to happen and something that could have been easily avoided if those in authority had actually done something about the situation :-(

I've always thought the RSPCA were on hand in times of need like this - but now from a couple of my own experiences and now this, unfortunately that is not the case. Very sad.

RIP little ones xx

I've been informed that the police have been down and took the rest of their horses away, I'm very glad about that but I can't help thinking had this been done in the first place that the two little ponies would still be alive. :cry:

Back