• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Top quality hutches and runs (Norfolk based) - NEW WARNING

tlcwrites

Mama Doe
Top quality hutches and runs - can be found on Facebook HERE.
I initially recommended this guy after receiving two hutches/runs combination. The hutches/runs meet the RWAF welfare needs in terms of size.

HOWEVER. I have had them a year and the quality is lacking. My carpenter OH is regularly having to fix various bits of these set ups and they have caused us a fair bit of grief. One set up will definitely need replacing sooner rather than later. This is not the "Top quality" I was led to believe, nor am I happy about it. I have made several complaints regarding his work and it continually falls on deaf ears. As I have my goods and they are (just about) serving needs, I have given up complaining.

I have also since discovered that he has failed to deliver goods that have been bought to many people, and others that do receive their "top quality" hutches have also had many problems with it.

I've also heard that he scammed many people in the past out of money for their hutches/runs, under the company name "Hutches R Us" -- before rebranding to "Top quality hutches and runs".

I am very sorry for recommending this guy. I hope no one else is caught out by him.

Last edited:
I wanted to buy the 7ft one but found a group on fb who had a lot of people taking him to court as he took money for orders, didn't complete them and refused to refund, some people got their orders but some didn't and I think one woman was over £600 out of pocket, sounds like that's been sorted out though, do you know if it has? I think he traded under Hutches R Us then.

I might have a look at some runs later, need one for my hen for grass time in the field!

Last edited:
I wanted to buy the 7ft one but found a group on fb who had a lot of people taking him to court as he took money for orders, didn't complete them and refused to refund, some people got their orders but some didn't and I think one woman was over £600 out of pocket, sounds like that's been sorted out though, do you know if it has?

I might have a look at some runs later, need one for my hen for grass time in the field!

With my first hutch/run, I paid on delivery, after he'd finished setting it up. As he set it up, the cats kept climbing over it. :lol: They thought it a new climbing frame for themselves!

I don't know anything about the people left out of pocket, I'm afraid - completely unaware that that happened! I think Matthew only takes payment on delivery now and/or starts payment plan on delivery.

Sounds like it was resolved then, hopefully! I want a fold up run, but no idea what size as it's just for a chicken grazing a different area, maybe a 6x6 :)

Just a word of advice for people re: this place. I know I started the thread, but still. The hutches are of a decent quality BUT he is very unreliable.

Ordered Athena and husbun's new hutch/run two weeks ago, for agreement to be delivered today. Was told "no problems" and that was that. Got a message last night saying he would be unable to deliver because his delivery of timber/wire mesh had gone astray. I can't blame him for that, BUT making up a run the day before it's due to be delivered?

The reason I mention this is because it is much the same deal as what happened with Elphie, Galinda, and Archimedes' hutch/run. This ended up really delaying the adoption process and annoyed the heck out of me. :(

I'm currently owned a lot of money by him :( wanted to try start a group on here of other people who have had issues with him as I may have to take him to small claims court :(

I'm currently owned a lot of money by him :( wanted to try start a group on here of other people who have had issues with him as I may have to take him to small claims court :(

Welcome to RU Capone :wave:

I'm sorry you're having these problems. I saw your other thread, and it seems you are not the only one :(

Do post a separate thread and tell us about your rabbits when you have time :D

I have updated my first post with some important warnings. I seriously regret ever recommending this guy. I'm "lucky" in that I got my goods, even though they have needed a LOT of repair work done by my OH. Please find somewhere which actually cares about quality - and actually follows through rather than buying from here!

Welcome Capone. I'm so sorry you're in this situation. I hope you have very good luck with the small claims court.

Back