• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Sugar and spice have turned into the rabbits from hell!

traceymadigan

Warren Scout
My five month old frenchies have been a nightmare this last week,they are humping each other ,ripping the carpet to shreds and they seem to have forgot what their litter tray is for:censored: .They are both booked in for a spay tom so I hope that will help,I am worrying about it though ,my british giant boy is also getting done on mon:shock:

They have just become teenagers and their spaying should help them. I assume they are sisters. If you have an unneutered boy around too, they will probably smell him and that may be affecting their behaviour.

My five month old frenchies have been a nightmare this last week,they are humping each other ,ripping the carpet to shreds and they seem to have forgot what their litter tray is for:censored: .They are both booked in for a spay tom so I hope that will help,I am worrying about it though ,my british giant boy is also getting done on mon:shock:

Good luck for the op's tomorrow, they are still babies really so hopefully they will settle down in time, vibes it all goes well x

Our two boys went the same way, but neutering sorted it out (fallen out again though now, unfortunately). The urine spraying stopped immediately after the op, though the humping etc took a couple of weeks to calm down. It's definitely the right thing to do. I don't know how people cope with unspeyed rabbits, if our two's behaviour was anything to go by.

Their litter training has never quite got back to how good it was when they first got the hang of the litter tray, but it's much better than it was just before the neuter. It was, 'Lets just defecate everywhere, shall we?' for a couple of weeks.

Back